cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 1 losing tracking

Matthew_Fitz
Honored Guest

I’ve had the quest 1 for a little over two years now. I’ve mainly consistently used and have always enjoyed using the product. Unfortunately about a month ago a glitch has been occurring where I will float or “fly” away out of the tracking guardian. Then it will say no tracking found and turn off the guardian. If I’m in game it looks like I’m flying and at the homepage I can see the guardian fly away in a direction. I’ve tried shutting down many times and have even attempted a factory reset, so I’m pretty confident I’m having issues with the cameras. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Matthew_Fitz! We appreciate your efforts to resolve the tracking errors on your own that you've experienced. We'd love to assist you further, so we're inviting you to open a support ticket! Feel free to reach out at your leisure with details of the troubleshooting you've performed, and one of our brilliant agents will guide you promptly!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

dragon_slayer153
Honored Guest

did you ever resolved this issue, having same bug

Hey there @Dragon_slayer153. Getting a issue with tracking in your headset can be the worst, but luckily we are here to help you with this. We would like for you to try a couple of troubleshooting steps to fix this. Can you please follow these steps to clear your guardian history?

1. Press the Oculus button on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
  2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  3. Select Settings in the top right corner.
  4. Select Guardian from the left menu.
  5. Select Clear Guardian History.

Now if that doesn't seem to work, please follow these steps to reboot your headset. 

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Boot device and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

We look forward to getting an update from you soon! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey again @Dragon_slayer153. We are reaching back out to see how the troubleshooting steps we provided yesterday were any help to your headset tracking issue. We can't wait to hear back from you about this. 

Did u Solved ?

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?