cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 - Connected to wifi but suddenly "No Internet"

SolidRye
Honored Guest
This issue just popped up on my new Quest 2. Was working for since launch no problem. Suddenly tonight no matter which network I join I get the "no internet" message. Internet is working fine on my router as I'm typing this on a computer connected to the same. Also in the app it says "Failed to connect to Oculus servers" and when I try and set/forget the network through that it just hangs and then says "Something went wrong. Please Try again" over and over.

Anyone have any fixes? I tried restarting the headset multiple times.
48 REPLIES 48

moonsystem1
Honored Guest
Check the bluetooth connection with your phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
I

SolidRye said:

This issue just popped up on my new Quest 2. Was working for since launch no problem. Suddenly tonight no matter which network I join I get the "no internet" message. Internet is working fine on my router as I'm typing this on a computer connected to the same. Also in the app it says "Failed to connect to Oculus servers" and when I try and set/forget the network through that it just hangs and then says "Something went wrong. Please Try again" over and over.

Anyone have any fixes? I tried restarting the headset multiple times.

I have the exact same  problem and  i did All what you can think of :

1- restarted Headset / internet any connected devices on the WiFi .
2- updated all devices to last update till 29/10/2020.
3-  Even Factory reset my Oculus quest 2.
4-Note that i have other devices connected normally to same WiFi and  working  totally fine .
5- used phone app to connect WiFi and reinstalled apps and  updated  it still shows  "Failed to connect to Oculus servers"
Did forget and re connect .
6- changed WIFI hz  between 2.4 hz & 5G .
With all of that it always show  ( Connected - No internet ) in the headset and  in app "Failed to connect to Oculus servers"
My last fix was to change  the WIFI router / Adapter
And  it works on an old WIFI adapter i had before  on 2.4 hz. As it looks like the problem in software not hardware and some of the current / new WIFIs/Adapters  Oculus Quest have  problem with i was using TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 PCIe WiFi Card (Archer TX3000E)
To have Wifi 6 and be able to use Virtual Desktop and play PC games  wireless  , but i guess there is something wrong with Oculus Quest 2 that it cant  use the internet  that connected to from some types of  WIFI/Adapters  and  need to be fixed in the software i believe.

Is any one have different fix/ solution or how to re-connect it with this same routers/adapter without using different  one or old one  ?

benq666
Honored Guest
I'm also using the "TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 PCIe WiFi Card (Archer TX3000E)" and get the same problem, it connects just fine, but it says Connected - No internet. I have my notebook connected to the same network and it gets excellent connection quality (though it's connected via ac band, not ax). So it seems it might be something with how oculus interacts with the wifi card itself. I'll need to try something else to compare, I'll leave a comment here once I get some results.

jumpthenfall
Honored Guest
I think it may still be the old problem with mesh routers. My Quest 1 keeps dropping wifi, which is very annoying, but I've got used to it. It would be very disappointed if they haven't fixed it on the Quest 2. If you have mesh routers, you'd better not buy Quest.

benq666
Honored Guest
Okay, so I've got myself a dedicated router (namely the "tp-link archer ax10 or ax1500"). After setting it up, I get constant 1200mbps connection and everything runs perfectly fine. I've also noticed that you can enable the just the ac mode on "Archer TX3000E" (the pcie card), and then quest 2 connects to it just fine and the internet is working. But, every now and then, the connection suffers a series of stutters that continue for around 10 seconds. After that it works fine for several minutes. The overall bandwidth is around 800mbits this way.

If you want to know more about the overall setup and other details, I've used these two sources of information to achieve the current stable wi-fi connection with low latency:
1) https : //www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/je4lhi/guide_for_buttery_smooth_vd_over_wifi/ (search for "Guide for buttery smooth VD over Wi-Fi" on reddit, if the link doesn't work).
2) https : //youtu.be/lUl4BPnqbkE (search for a video named "Oculus Quest 2 Virtual Desktop A PROPER Setup Guide!" by Karl Gosling, if the link doesn't work).

One last note, according to one of the sources above, not all tp-link routers are equally good. If you want more details, search for a video on youtube named "Oculus Quest 2 BEST Router For Virtual Desktop!" by the same guy.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

C0nn0r05
Honored Guest
I have the same issue, it was working fine since Christmas until yesterday . The wifi keeps disconnecting and I have 5 gz.

RedNedward
Honored Guest
I had the same problem and I was able to fix in a sort of weird way, but it worked. I used the Oculus app on my phone to begin casting my oculus quest 2 to my phone, this seemed to force my quest to connect to the internet. There were then some tracking problems and I had to restart but no problems since.

Helo_one
Honored Guest

I am having the same issue.  I am using Google Home Wifi and it says connected to Wifi, no internet connection.
All my other devices in the house are working fine.  It seems to just start happening within the past week.

Did you fix it? I’m having the same problem and I just got it for my b day. Worked perfectly until last night