cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Grey Screen on boot

Need a bit of help here- My Quest 2 just upgraded to v35 and now when I turn it on it goes to a grey screen and gets stuck there. If I hold/tap the power button I get sound and three dots but nothing else. Factory resetting it works to get it to boot but the moment I turn it off it does it again. Any ideas? Tired of having to reset my quest every time I want to play Beat Saber. 

3 REPLIES 3

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hi @scottymcneill8657 we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We definitely understand your frustrations with having to reset your your headset each time you want to play. This is not the type of experience we want for our customers.

Since this is a new update, the stuck grey screen upon powering up could possibly be a bug that we would really appreciate you reporting so we can find a fix for it. 

Mike9586
Level 2

I've had this issue too. Not every time but sometimes when waking from sleep on v35 the Quest just shows a blank grey screen. I end up having to reboot the system.

I had to end up getting an RMA for mine to get it repaired- rebooting/resetting didn't help.