cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Issue with Linking

snowkitkat
Explorer

So this has bothered me for the last 3 days. I had just fixed my PC's heating issues and was ready to play VR games I have on Steam. When I connected my quest it spammed my computer with notifications saying that there was something wrong. Whenever I try to connect to my PC with the link cable it always is stuck on the three dots. I have looked everywhere online and tried every method, but have found no solutions.

Here is a list of the methods I have tried off the top of my head:

• Re-Installing Oculus Software (PC)
  • Factory Resetting Quest 2
  • Downloading latest NVIDIA Drivers
  • Running the repair tool.
  • Disabling then re-enabling integrated graphics.
  • Unplugging my second monitor
  • Unplugging anything connected with USB.

For anyone wondering, my computer is a laptop with a GTX 1050Ti and an 8th Gen Intel Core i5. The link cable has worked in the past and I had not used it for a while due to heating issues with my laptop, but those issues have been fixed. Even when I did have the heating issues, I could run VRChat, Rec Room, Pavlov, and other VR games just fine. If you have any solutions I would be glad to try them. The only thing I would not be doing is factory resetting my computer. 

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey snowkitkat! We'd love to assist! After doing some research, we noticed that the 1050ti isn't on the list of support graphics cards found on the Oculus Link Compatibility support page. This list shows the minimum requirements for playing vr and as stated in the article, the 1060 M is the card that is supported for the minimum requirements.

Even versions of the 1060 desktop are not supported by Link, so the 1050ti M is not going to be as a minimum requirement. We understand the inconvenience, but we still recommend waiting to see if anyone in your same situation comes across this post with a solution or workaround. What we can recommend is looking through other posts here on the community forums for other users that have wrote in experiencing a similar issue with the 1050ti M.

We know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but we hope that you found the information useful. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!