cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 - Oculus Link crashes after launching VR games

doooombo
Explorer

I've talked about this issue a few times recently and it's only getting worse over time.

Recently (i.e. 2 weeks ago), I started having an issue where whenever I try to launch games on my PC via Oculus Link, they simply refused to work or outright crashed the link. All of these issues, at first, pointed to the cable being obsolete despite only having it for less than 2 months, but when I tried Air Link the exact same issue kept happening, so I'm assuming this is a software issue that needs to be updated.

Can anyone please correct me if I'm wrong? I know this isn't my computer or my network causing the issue, since prior to v28 update I could play any game I wanted with no issues.

6 REPLIES 6

HoneyBadger5122
Honored Guest

I just bought my Quest 2 last week and have been trying non-stop to get the Link working. It seems fine up until I try to launch a game from SteamVR. I feel a little glad to see I am not the only one with this issue, but frustrating that there are no answers to be found yet. Have you contacted support and gotten any insight into this issue yet?

jlim76
Honored Guest

ive been having the same problem i loaded up B&S and it crashed after about 2-3 minutes then sends me to my home environment

HoneyBadger5122
Honored Guest

I just found a solution a couple days ago! Apparently SteamVR has some compatibility issues with some apps (I can’t find the link right now that lists them but worth a more in depth search). For me it was the Razer Cortex app. I uninstalled it and I am up and running with no issues. Hope this helps!

oh ok thanks so much ill try it and let you know if it helps :))

it worked thanks

What did you do I know I’m a bit late but can you please explain it in detail I am having a lot of trouble trying to get blade and sorcery to work.