cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 blackout

Sam_1432
Explorer

I was playing my quest 2 and all of a sudden, it kept blacking out and returning to my guardian. Like, I was playing Rec-Room and while playing it blacked out a few times. Returning to the guardian and back. 

Anybody have a similar problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Sam_1432! An interrupted gaming experience isn't a fun one, and we would want that for any of our Meta Quest family members! This sounds like a potential tracking issue, we have some questions to assess the situation further and get a better understanding of what could be causing this to happen. 

• Have you changed play spaces recently? The lighting in your play space can greatly effect the performance of tracking and can cause your headset to send you back to guardian if it loses tracking. We recommend having one to two main light sources with little to none small string lings or reflective surfaces as they can interfere with tracking. Playing with different amounts of light to see which amount of light works best for your headset is also recommended!
  • This issue could also be cause by the v40 PTC, have you enrolled in the v40 PTC? If so, please attempt to opt out of the PTC to hopefully resolve the issue.

We have some troubleshooting we like to run through as well, please enable our Cloud Backup feature and factory reset your headset. To find out how to turn on and more about our Cloud Back feature, please follow the link here: Oculus Cloud Backup! Once Cloud Backup is turned on, please perform a factory rest on your headset:

• Hold the power and volume down button for at least 10 seconds until a boot menu appears inside your headset
  • From the boot menu, please use the volume buttons to navigate to the Factory Reset option
  • Use the power button to make your selection once the option is highlighted

We hope this helps! Please send us a DM if the provided steps don't prove useful in getting your headset to function properly! Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Sam_1432! An interrupted gaming experience isn't a fun one, and we would want that for any of our Meta Quest family members! This sounds like a potential tracking issue, we have some questions to assess the situation further and get a better understanding of what could be causing this to happen. 

• Have you changed play spaces recently? The lighting in your play space can greatly effect the performance of tracking and can cause your headset to send you back to guardian if it loses tracking. We recommend having one to two main light sources with little to none small string lings or reflective surfaces as they can interfere with tracking. Playing with different amounts of light to see which amount of light works best for your headset is also recommended!
  • This issue could also be cause by the v40 PTC, have you enrolled in the v40 PTC? If so, please attempt to opt out of the PTC to hopefully resolve the issue.

We have some troubleshooting we like to run through as well, please enable our Cloud Backup feature and factory reset your headset. To find out how to turn on and more about our Cloud Back feature, please follow the link here: Oculus Cloud Backup! Once Cloud Backup is turned on, please perform a factory rest on your headset:

• Hold the power and volume down button for at least 10 seconds until a boot menu appears inside your headset
  • From the boot menu, please use the volume buttons to navigate to the Factory Reset option
  • Use the power button to make your selection once the option is highlighted

We hope this helps! Please send us a DM if the provided steps don't prove useful in getting your headset to function properly! Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yes I have changed play spaces recently, I've been doing it often but not a lot. 

I always make sure the play space I'm in has it's lights turned on, I haven't had any problems with lighting. No I'm pretty sure I have not enrolled in the v40 PTC.

I will try the factory reset today and see how it will go, thank you.

Hey there, Sam_1432! We're just checking in to see if you were able to factory reset your device and get back to enjoying VR.

Your Meta Store Support team is standing by and ready to assist in any way we can!

Yes, thank you very much, I played my Quest yesterday and it worked just fine. 🙂

You're very welcome! We are so happy to hear you're back to playing VR. Thank you for getting back to us. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach back out. We hope you have wonderful day!