cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 dashboard ghosting

AgusF
Explorer

Whenever I move my head around while in the oculus quest 2 dashboard everything else moves and the controllers make a ghosting effect as seen in the video.

R5 5600x

Asrock 6700xt

Asus B550-f

Cable link or Air link, no difference

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey there, Drof_Mynd! We heard you were having some issues after updating to the latest in AMD. We do want to share this is a known issue currently going around with 22.5.2 and we would like to ask you to revert to 22.5.1 with the below steps.

1. Go to this website: https://www.amd.com/en/support
  2. Select your graphics card using the drop-down menu of the product list and click "submit".
  3. On this page, scroll down and select "Previous Drivers".
  4. Here you can select your OS and find the 22.5.1 driver and download

If you're still having issues after reverting, feel free to reach back out here with that update! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Mental_Miggy
Explorer

It looks to me like guardian has disabled and you are tracking using only 3 DOF instead of full range. I would suggest checking your tracking settings, if guardian is enabled, I'd turn it off then back on and reset your boundries, then give the sensors on the headset a gentle clean before trying again

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya AugusF! We see you're having some issues with your device. We know from experience how off-putting something like this can be. 

Mental_Miggy has the right idea! We would definitely recommend making sure you have guardian on and to make sure the settings are correct. When cleaning your device we recommend using a dry, nonabrasive cloth, like microfiber. 

You may also want to clear your Oculus download cache, restart your computer, and/or manually uninstalling/reinstalling Oculus home. 

Please let us know if this helps! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

AgusF
Explorer

Thank you for your help, however I did everything, even a factory reset, and still no dice.

I'd like to add this only happens in the Oculus dashboard, not in SteamVR nor with any games, and also I changed from an MSI Ventus RTX 2060 to an Asrock 6700XT Challenger D so it might have something to do with the GPU since it never happened before.

Thanks for trying those steps! We think you might be on the right track. If this is something that has only been happening after you changed your GPU, it could be related to that. On that note, we'd recommend that you check that your drivers are all up to date. Out of date drivers for GPUs can cause a wide variety of issues, and it's definitely worth checking!

If you're still having issues, go ahead and send us a support ticket here with a copy of your Oculus logs so that we can get a closer look at your set up and see what might be going on.

Giacy74
Honored Guest

Hi, I have the same problem with the same CPU and GPU... It happened after the last driver AMD or oculus app upgrade... I'm following this topic... 

Drof_Mynd
Honored Guest

Hi I am also experiencing the same problem, since I recently updated my graphics card to an AMD 6700XT.

All drivers updated (22.5.2) and tried suggestions from this topic with no change.

I also get bad stuttering/screen tearing in games. I turned on the ODT console and see alot of this...

Spoiler
26/06 05:21:37.530 {WARNING} [Dash] [dash_warn] { message: "[W]: [RCTVR_V8] [warn]: Animated: `useNativeDriver` was not specified. This is a required option and must be explicitly set to `true` or `false`\n\r\n",  }
26/06 05:21:37.530 {WARNING} [Dash] [dash_warn] { message: "[W]: [RCTVR_V8] [warn]: Animated: `useNativeDriver` was not specified. This is a required option and must be explicitly set to `true` or `false`\n\r\n",  }2022-06-26 05:21:37.531     4500 [AMFEncoderCoreH264] Warning: SetProperty BPicturesDeltaQP not found

2022-06-26 05:21:37.531     4500 [AMFEncoderCoreH264] Warning: SetProperty ReferenceBPicturesDeltaQP not found
26/06 05:21:37.531 {WARNING} [Dash] 2022-06-26 05:21:37.532     4500 [AMFEncoderCoreH264] Warning: SetProperty BPicturesDeltaQP not found
[dash_warn] { message: "[W]: [RCTVR_V8] [warn]: Animated: `useNativeDriver` was not specified. This is a required option and must be explicitly set to `true` or `false`\n\r\n",  }2022-06-26 05:21:37.534     4500 [AMFEncoderCoreH264] Warning: SetProperty ReferenceBPicturesDeltaQP not found

26/06 05:21:37.531 {WARNING} [Dash] [dash_warn] { message: "[W]: [RCTVR_V8] [warn]: Animated: `useNativeDriver` was not specified. This is a required option and must be explicitly set to `true` or `false`\n\r\n",  }
26/06 05:21:37.531 {WARNING} [Dash] [dash_warn] { message: "[W]: [RCTVR_V8] [warn]: Animated: `useNativeDriver` was not specified. This is a required option and must be explicitly set to `true` or `false`\n\r\n",  }2022-06-26 05:21:37.534     4500 [AMFEncoderCoreH264] Warning: SetProperty BPicturesDeltaQP not found

2022-06-26 05:21:37.566     4500 [AMFEncoderCoreH264] Warning: SetProperty BPicturesDeltaQP not found
26/06 05:21:37.566 {!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] 2022-06-26 05:21:37.566     4500 [AMFEncoderCoreH264] Warning: SetProperty ReferenceBPicturesDeltaQP not found
Frame 534637 dropped due to encoder backup

26/06 05:21:37.599 {!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] Frame 534640 dropped due to encoder backup
2022-06-26 05:21:37.599     4500 [AMFEncoderCoreH264] Warning: SetProperty BPicturesDeltaQP not found
26/06 05:21:37.599 {INFO}    [xrstreaming] 2022-06-26 05:21:37.599     4500 [AMFEncoderCoreH264] Warning: SetProperty ReferenceBPicturesDeltaQP not found
2022-06-26 05:21:37.600     4500 [AMFEncoderCoreH264] Warning: SetProperty BPicturesDeltaQP not found
[Aggregated 50 times]
        ---- AMD H264 Current Properties set ----
                DeBlockingFilter = 1
                QPI = 22
                FrameSize = (3200x352)
                ScanType = 0
                VBVBufferSize = 752640
                ColorBitDepth = 8
                FrameRate = (0x0)
                MaxQP = 51
                Usage = 0
                MaxNumRefFrames = 4
                ProfileLevel = 42
                Profile = 256
                RateControlPreanalysisEnable = 0
                FullRangeColor = 1
                AspectRatio = (1x1)
                MaxOfLTRFrames = 1
                HalfPixel = 1
                LowLatencyInternal = 1
                QualityPreset = 1
                HighMotionQualityBoostEnable = 0
                InColorProfile = -1
                OutColorTransferChar = 0
                OutColorProfile = 1
                SlicesPerFrame = 1
                InColorTransferChar = 0
                BPicturesDeltaQP = Fail with error [4]
                ReferenceBPicturesDeltaQP = Fail with error [4]
                EnforceHRD = 1
                IntraRefreshMBsNumberPerSlot = 255
                FillerDataEnable = 0
                BPicturesPattern = 0
                EnableVBAQ = 0
                QuarterPixel = 1
                InitialVBVBufferFullness = 64
                MaxAUSize = 0
                MinQP = 0
                QPP = 22
                QPB = 22
                TargetBitrate = 40000000
                PeakBitrate = 40000000
                RateControlSkipFrameEnable = 0
                RateControlMethod = 1
                HeaderInsertionSpacing = 0
                BReferenceEnable = 0
                IDRPeriod = 0
                CABACEnable = 2
                NumOfTemporalEnhancmentLayers = 1

...all the time. Headset and games both Air Link and Cable(>2gb) have been working fine with my old AMD RX580 until the recent graphic card upgrade.

Hey there, Drof_Mynd! We heard you were having some issues after updating to the latest in AMD. We do want to share this is a known issue currently going around with 22.5.2 and we would like to ask you to revert to 22.5.1 with the below steps.

1. Go to this website: https://www.amd.com/en/support
  2. Select your graphics card using the drop-down menu of the product list and click "submit".
  3. On this page, scroll down and select "Previous Drivers".
  4. Here you can select your OS and find the 22.5.1 driver and download

If you're still having issues after reverting, feel free to reach back out here with that update! 

It seems the new driver for this card was the culprit, reverting to the 22.5.1 version fixed it, I'm marking this as the solution.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-6000-series/amd-radeon-6700-series/amd-radeon-rx-...

Thanks, downgrading my drivers to 22.5.1 fixed the oculus link dash problem but I'm still getting really bad frame drops in games.

Ive used the Oculus Debug Tool to disable Encode Dynamic Bitrate and set Encoding Bitrate to 300. This has stablised it a little but still not happy with the performance. Using the performance profiler I have a steady frame rate and 50-60% headroom, but still receiving many frame drops.