cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 games not recognising touch controllers in wireless VD connection

Jimbo_Longbow
Honored Guest

So i thought I'd try the Quest 2 wirelessly to my PC via virtual desktop (Now it is supported) .

All goes well until i launch a game, it loads ok but the touch controllers are not recognised and unresponsive but only while in game. I can use the the menu button to bring that up and navigate but the VD etc.

Why won't the controllers work in game? What am i doing wrong or missing?

2 REPLIES 2

nalex66
MVP
MVP

I get this with some SteamVR games if I launch them straight from the VD Games menu. When that happens, the fix is to launch SteamVR, then launch the game from the menu within SteamVR Home.

I’ve never had it with Oculus games, so I suspect that the problem is with games that don’t have native Oculus driver support, and rely on SteamVR to handle the input interpretation.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Jimbo_Longbow
Honored Guest

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I've been messing around some more and it doesn't matter were i launch the games from. I tried Moon Base (A quick freebie to try it out on) and i briefly sort the hands/controllers. When i tried Elite could even navigate any menus. With the link cable, everything works great but i want that wireless freedom! 

Also i think it might be to do with the latency as that is very high, 250ms+ but i don't what i can do to bring this down. My PC is ethernet cabled and I'm getting 80Mbps, and the only device I have on the 5Ghz band of my hub is the Quest 2 and I'm right next to the hub with excellent signal strength.