cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 headset refusing to work at all.

KevThePurpleFox
Honored Guest

Hi, I've had my headset for a few months and everything was going fine untill I think a month ago it started freezing and then restarting itself. It got to the point where I couldn't play at all because it was freezing at the guardian screen. It's been doing this from then and now and through that time period it had some "stop" messages. It said each of these before: SystemUX, ShellEnv, and Andriod.process.media has stopped working. I factory reset this thing almost 12 times. (Yeah, it may be too much but I was desperate) Each factory reset was not done on the same day though. It's to the point where I need to forcefully boot the headset up. When I do that, it instantly freezes and then goes black, or just restarts. I can't play, the headset is useless. Is there any way to fix this, or is it just screwed?

2 REPLIES 2

ohgrant
Superstar

sounds like a serious hardware issue or overheating.  If you have been using one of those silicon wraps I would remove it, I've heard this could cause some overheat issues.  In any case doesn't sound like an issue that can be resolved in a user to user forum. Fortunately if hardware issue, it should be covered under warranty. I would not hesitate to open up an Oculus support ticket, the sooner the better.  

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, please click here to submit a ticket, we'd like to look further into this with you. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?