cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 link app will not load

TyrantusPrime
Level 2

I have been using the Quest 2 with a link cable with no issues connecting to my PC and playing Steam games.
Today I decided to try Airlink, I jumped through all the hoops of enabling Airlink. Everything seemed fine, the Oculus App on my PC and the Oculus both said I was paired and connected. However, when launching the link, the link would not start, and I would get dumped back into the normal Oculus VR space.

I gave up on Airlink and went back to my cable, disabled all the settings to enable Airlink. Again, everything looks fine, both PC and Oculus software say I'm connected, but the link app crashes when launched, just like Airlink.

The same cable and Oculus work with no issue on a different PC.

I have tried rebooting the PC, and Oculus, using a different USB port, going through the link setup multiple times all with the same result. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? As I said, everything was working fine before I tried Airlink.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey TyrantusPrime. ​​​​​​We hate to see you having an issue like this one after your Oculus Link worked so well before. We are happy to help with this. We'll need your Oculus Logs. Here's how to get them: 

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

Once you've obtained your Oculus Logs, please send them to us in a PM. Please click here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.