cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 microphone not working at all

ShadowHive
Sightseer
So, ive tried almost everything now but the mic of my quest 2 just isnt working. I looked trough all the settings, made sure that its turned on but there´s no voice when I record a video or play a game. Same goes for playing trough oculus link. Made sure to select the right microphone in sound settings but still not working. What am I doing wrong?
23 REPLIES 23

BlueberryTheWag
Honored Guest
I'm currently having the same issue. All in-game voice chats can't be used. It was working literally earlier today. I had this issue before and I just set down my quest for I think 5 days and when I came back the issue was fixed, but I don't know what causes it, or what fixes it.

ShadowHive
Sightseer

I'm currently having the same issue. All in-game voice chats can't be used. It was working literally earlier today. I had this issue before and I just set down my quest for I think 5 days and when I came back the issue was fixed, but I don't know what causes it, or what fixes it.

It literally never worked for me before, I sure hope this is not some manufactory issue

jakalarf
Explorer
Have you tried restarting the quest? That always works for me.

Shortshorts
Honored Guest
Today as I was playing different games, no one could hear me.  My mic was NOT muted.  I restarted the device but nothing solved the issue.  Any ideas?

mooshroom625
Honored Guest
having the same issue with my brand new quest 2.  Its the 2nd device, was working on the first device.  

BlackShark3D
Protege
I have the same kind of issue but I have found way to fix it.

The problem is that initializing the link is not reliable. Sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't work.
You just have to reset the link multiple times until it works.
  • Make sure your default windows audio use the Oculus Headset for both audio out and microphone input
  • Do not use the modern Windows crap interface : use the old style control panel (right click on the speaker logo in your task bar > sound)
  • Set up a quick loopbak test : in the mic properties, activate the option to listen to the mike as a test
  • Turn off Oculus link, and turn it back on again
  • Repeat until you can hear your own voice  (the windows control panel has closed but the self listen test remains on until you manually go back in the sound properties to turn if off)
Sometimes it works the first time, sometimes it take 1 or 2 link resets for it to work.

Shortshorts
Honored Guest
I need to add some detail as I was not using the link cable.  So, the first day I had Oculus Quest 2 the mic worked fine. the second day it did not, and again was not connected to the PC and don't have a Link cord.  So, why is my mic not working on the headset and how to fix? I did power off but didn't solve the issue.  Have yet to do I factor reset, my last resort. 
 (this may or may not be the cause, but after the first day I did try to connect my Apple Airpods to the headset via the bluetooth setting.  It did not work.  After I reversed the process using the "experimental" setting on the headset, my mic hasn't worked since.  Not sure there is a cause and effect here but figured I should mention that).. 

wilza7
Expert Protege
so i also had the issue with the mic not working.  someone posted a workaround using virtual desktop and running some app that used the mic.  that worked a few times, then a few days ago it stopped.  now the quest 2 has updated itself to v25, the mic thus far has worked every time!

Shortshorts
Honored Guest
As an update to my mic not working, Oculus support suggested to reboot headset and or perform a factory reset.  Both DID NOT work and lost all my game data.  plan on returning the headset