cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 randomly changed it's date to May 8th, 2037 and won't connect to wifi now

wood334
Honored Guest

Suddenly after having this thing for two months, it won't connect to the internet and the date suddenly reads May 8th, 2037. It's a Friday, apparently.

Wifi is fine with every other device. I've done everything short of a factory reset. Tried using SideQuest based on some other comments but can't figure out how to change the date. Any suggestions?

40 REPLIES 40

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey wood334,

We're happy to help getting your Quest 2 reconnected to Wi-Fi so that the date and time will be correct and you'll be able to use your device normally again. As it stands, if you've already tried rebooting your router and rebooting your Quest 2, the next step would be to factory reset your headset. Since your Quest 2 is unable to connect to Wi-Fi right now, you'll need to perform the reset from the headset itself. Here's the instructions:

1. Turn off your headset.

2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.

3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.

4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Notes:

• Performing a factory reset is irreversible and will remove all account information, downloaded games, and content from the headset.

• Performing a factory reset won't remove content you've purchased or downloaded from your account.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

jkeegs_12
Honored Guest

me too smh

Hold up, so your first suggestion is to just factory reset?  That is ridiculous and not taking into consideration the portion of the world that either has slower internet or data caps.  There has to be a more technical solution or an ADB command just for reference.

This is unacceptable. Surely there is a better option to fix what appears to be a widespread issue which arose over the last couple of days?

I have exact same issue today - have  you identified the cause and do you have a better fix than factory reset? Clearly this is suddenly a widespread issue.

lefteegunzz
Honored Guest

A factory reset is an unacceptable solution. Figure it Oculus. This is BS. 

AlasPoorJoric
Expert Protege

OK I solved this using the ADB command option in Sidequest and running the command as written here:

OculusTimeDate.JPG

This opens the android settings page in the headset which oculus has tried to prevent you from accessing, and from there you select date and time, disable network time, enter the correct date and time, and you can reenable the network time after that if you like. Then forget your existing wifi connection and reconnect.
This fixed it for me.

barz_beast
Protege

So I was able to solve this by sideloading the "Open Settings" app found officially here

Then opening it from "unknown sources".  It basically opens up the Android settings where you manually adjust your time and date.   I downloaded the file to sideload here

Thank you. You solution works and easy to reuse incase this problem happen again.

My headset suddenly display wrong date year 2036 thus causing unable to connect to wifi "limited connection". So using ur suggested apps, I disable the "Use network-provided time" and enter the date manually.

tag: quest 2 limited connection

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?