cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 randomly shutting off

zandermou
Honored Guest

Hi guys, I'm really enjoying my new Quest 2. The only problem is, sometimes it will randomly freeze and go to grey and shut itself off, or it will just shut itself off instantly. When I go to turn it back on, it just opens up to a grey screen, shutting itself off again. When I restart the console or hard boot it, it just shows the grey screen after the oculus logo, and shuts itself off after a little bit of the grey screen. It really only works at random times and my girlfriend who got hers at the same time is having the same issue. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Interrupted gameplay is definitely not part of the legendary VR experience we'd like to provide and we'd like to work together to get to the root of issue. Please click here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

wildsoles
Honored Guest

I'm having the exact same issue. I've not even had this device a month and now it randomly freezes and shuts down, or goes to grey with only sound. When I try to start up it flashes to the grey screen then goes black, or shows the oculus logo then just goes grey. It happens at random times. The battery is charged, so that's not the issue. The software shows no update available so that's not the issue. At times I can't get it to fire back up at all. Other times it starts up and will work for a few minutes before going back into the black screen/grey screen no-mans-land again.

This is happening to me as well. 10 minutes ago I was playing Beat Saber and then the in-game menu appeared. My thumb wasn't touching any buttons though. Then my quest 2 goes into sleep mode. This isn't the first time this has happened to me.

Hey Bobismotionsickness, we definitely understand how frustrating having your gameplay interrupted can be especially while playing Beat Saber. We'd like to help you find a solution, if you'd please submit a detailed ticket on our support site HERE. This way, one of our dedicated agents will be able to provide the proper troubleshooting steps; and look into possible other options for you. 

We want to thank you for your cooperation and patience with us, we're here to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!