cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 rendering multiple outputs that overlap when linked to PC via cable

Sylvonik6
Level 2

When I attempt to link to my PC using the oculus app via cable, I get a really strange flickering effect that is caused by the Quest rendering the VR screen environment twice. One copy behaves as normal, while the other follows my center of vision and flickers in and out. This is occurring in the VR view of the PC oculus homescreen, as well as in oculus and steamvr games.  It is not an issue when using AirLink. It's happening with both usb 2.0 and 3.0. GPU is an AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, CPU is a Ryzen 5600x.

Has anyone experienced similar? completely stumped...

2 REPLIES 2

MystaMagoo
Level 7

@Sylvonik6 wrote:

When I attempt to link to my PC using the oculus app via cable, I get a really strange flickering effect that is caused by the Quest rendering the VR screen environment twice. One copy behaves as normal, while the other follows my center of vision and flickers in and out. This is occurring in the VR view of the PC oculus homescreen, as well as in oculus and steamvr games.  It is not an issue when using AirLink. It's happening with both usb 2.0 and 3.0. GPU is an AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, CPU is a Ryzen 5600x.

Has anyone experienced similar? completely stumped...

could be wrong but do you have HDR on in windows?

Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo

Its turned off in the windows 10 display settings (turning it on makes colors extremely washed out), so unless its somehow enabled elsewhere, then no.