cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 share experience with Disabled User

GmanInTheWild
Honored Guest

I have a friend that is disabled with no control of his hands.  He has limited mobility so leaving the house can be difficult sometimes but he is mentally fully functional.  I have been looking at the Quest 2 and would like to know if I had 2 headsets could he watch my VR experience but without control?  For example, using the National Geographic app I can tour many places, can the other headset watch me take the tour?  I am looking for a way to allow him to experience and see things that he could not physically.  Maybe it isn’t share but some other method without the use of his hands?  This could change this man’s life.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey GmanInTheWild, that's a great question, and thankfully we have the solution! Quest has the ability to cast your screen to a phone or TV using our casting feature. This will allow your friend to see what you see and experience the wonderful world of VR without having to use the controllers to do so. We hope this helps and we hope your friend enjoys the experience! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey GmanInTheWild, that's a great question, and thankfully we have the solution! Quest has the ability to cast your screen to a phone or TV using our casting feature. This will allow your friend to see what you see and experience the wonderful world of VR without having to use the controllers to do so. We hope this helps and we hope your friend enjoys the experience! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Good idea but I was looking for something a little different.  I found a post on this forum that explains exactly what I need.  Check out https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Ideas/Add-2-person-CAST-mode-where-the-HUD-controls-only-appear-on-th...

I jumped to this not being a solution but gave it more thought.  I think this could work.  I have accepted as a solution.  Thank you for the suggestion!

You're very welcome! And feel free to reach out to us anytime you have questions or concerns and we'll be happy to help. Best wishes!