cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 stream vr video file from pc via link cable

CyberMirage
Level 2

I browsed the forum & didn't see my question addressed anywhere, so I apologize if it's already been answered.

Is there a way to play VRvideo files on my PC by streaming them through the link cable to my Quest 2?  I know I can transfer the file from pc to quest 2 storage & watch it.  I know I can use the quest 2 browser to stream it over the web.  I want to play VRvideo directly from the PC via the link cable, without copying it to my quest 2 before.  Using the virtual desktop app doesn't help either because when I launch the file on the virtual desktop of my PC, it doesn't play in VR, but the side by side view that the desktop would play it as.

1 REPLY 1

CyberMirage
Level 2

So for those new to VR, like me, I'll share my solution.  Honestly, I'm shocked that there was no one who could help me with this, as it's very simple in the end.  If you have a player on your Oculus Quest (I use Skybox), it will play files on your quest.  If you have a player on your PC(again, I use Skybox), it will play files on your PC.  If you load Oculus Link & connect to your PC via the link cable, then launch Skybox from the PC, you are then able to stream VR video files to your headset as they are played on the app on the PC.  Simple.  The only downside is that I was only able to play up to 5k without stutter or lag.  I don't know if this is a PC issue or a data transfer speed issue.