cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 stuck in some kind of loop.

DATBOiiWaVy65
Level 2

My quest 2 is dead. i plug it up to charge it and it flashes red in the led 3-6 times then itll turn on and the oculus logo will pop up, then itll stay on for a random time sometimes short sometimes longer. more long than short, butt it'll just cut off then start flashing red again and repeat this process. anyone had this problem and found a solution? i cant do anything in the menu either. it wont stay on long enough too. i can click factory reset sometimes but as soon as it starts to reset it cuts off and the loop starts again. so frustrating, i just want to play again.....

6 REPLIES 6

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey there, DATBOiiWaVy65! Being stuck in a start up loop is the farthest thing we want you to be doing with a VR headset so let's work together to get you back into the game! We understand that when you tried to factory reset, it just turned back into a loop. One thing you can try, is letting it die. Let it go through the loop until it uses its entire battery then, after that, put it to charge for at least 2 hours. After that, you can try turning it on again and factory resetting. Please let us know if this works! 

it wont die. been on charger for hours. the on stage has gotten longer but it still wont stay on

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Just to clarify, ensure the device in unplugged from the charger while waiting for the battery to drain. This could take a couple hours. If the device has been unplugged and still won't die, please submit a ticket with our support team via this link: https://ocul.us/ContactSupport

ok so you can better understand. It is completely dead. the battery is drained. when its unplugged it will not turn on. when i plug it up, it turns on for a second (which is weird, because used to it would bring up a charging symbol instead of turning on when plugged up from being dead.) it'll turn on and show the oculus logo for a little bit, then it'll turn off and the LED will flash red, Then itll try to turn on again and then repeat this process. The stage of it being turned on has gotten a little longer, but it still wont stay on long enough for me to try and reset it. i also try to go into the menu and use the POWER OFF option, but when it turns off it just does the red flashing light then tries to turn on again. is that better understandable?

DATBOiiWaVy65
Level 2

It almost sounds like the battery wont hold enough charge to stay on, or better put the battery drains faster than it charges. im not sure though.

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Yes, understood! From what it sounds like, it would be most beneficial to get you a replacement. Please submit a ticket with our support team so we can get started on that for you!