cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 stuck on Pairing

Vexi_Boi
Honored Guest
So i just got my quest 2 and went to pair it. I go on the app select quest 2 and it pairs to my headset, it says connected, but when i look into the headset it still shows the pairing code and screen. I cant get it to go anywhere else but that. I did a factory reset and nothing i dont know what to do 
40 REPLIES 40

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi @Vexi_Boi please reach out to our Support Team by clicking here so that we can look further into this matter with you. Much appreciated! -Kassidy
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

WaldschratMX
Explorer
@Vexi_Boi were you able to find a solution? Having the same issue.

Pokem_
Honored Guest
Having same issue after factory reset .It want's me to take out those paper thingies from controllers (but obviously these are already out) and don't want to let me go further with pairing

aqua_alpha
Honored Guest
I just went through this and was able to fix mine. I was able to repair the headset and got stuck on the screen telling me to remove the little paper battery blockers. I removed the batteries and put them back in, no joy. Then I went into the oculus app on my phone, settings, and clicked on the controllers option. From there I was able to unpair both controllers and repair them. They then both went through a firmware update and when it was done they were automagically recognized by the headset! Hope that helps you too!

Anonymous
Not applicable
This did not work for me. Does it need to be original tabs? (b/c they no hear anymore) I used a once-folded post-it as a terminal block. It did the job but still stuck on pairing after 3 follow-throughs. ???

ivapemandalay
Explorer
@aqua_alpha Thanks for sharing but in my case there are no controllers to unpair in controllers option . I am still stuck at paring controllers animation white screen after the factory reset but my controllers vibrate whenever quest2 startup . I think oculus should offer hand tracking option at bootloader incase controller go wrong . Without any control input now i am looking at " allow usb debugging mode " on my screen and couldn't do anything even if there is a adb command to allow the hand tracking  . 

Jason_PVR
Honored Guest
I have the EXACT same issue. I had to go a reset factory and now, the device basically only asks me to pair the device with the app. The app works (and it's say that it's connected to the device, but the oculus doesn't seem to see the app). I have the same exact problem !!!

malmsteen78
Honored Guest

I just went through this and was able to fix mine. I was able to repair the headset and got stuck on the screen telling me to remove the little paper battery blockers. I removed the batteries and put them back in, no joy. Then I went into the oculus app on my phone, settings, and clicked on the controllers option. From there I was able to unpair both controllers and repair them. They then both went through a firmware update and when it was done they were automagically recognized by the headset! Hope that helps you too!

Thank you so much this works. removing the batteries is a must then unpair the controllers and pair again.

voltagectrl
Honored Guest
Same issue here. I've done a factory reset and keep getting stuck at the pairing screen.

The app finds and connects to the quest2, however I haven't paired any controllers to the app previously so there are none to remove. Trying to pair a new controller in the app doesn't work. I've tried on two different iPhones and have both done serveral factory resets on the quest2, I've removed and reinserted the batteries in the controller, made sure they're fully charged, reinstalled the phone app and rebooted of the phone. All to no avail.

I've sent a ticket to support, but other than just sit and wait for a reply, I'm currently out of ideas.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?