cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 tracking and updating issue

Vartexy
Honored Guest

Each time I start it since plugging it in and updating, it says tracking lost (even when in optimal conditions where it has previously worked no issue since I got it). It tracks for a few seconds then glitches out and says tracking lost again. Furthermore it says its updating the controllers (switched periodically from left to right). It gets to about 10% then goes back to 0 and does this constantly whilst on. It never completes the update. I've tried multiple restarts, changing where I'm located and ensuring that the environment is optimal for tracking all to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey there! We're sorry to hear you're having a hard time with your device. We know how concerning this issue must be for you, and we want to help. If you haven't done so already, please try removing the batteries in your controllers for at least 30 minutes. While the batteries are out, please turn your headset off as well.

If when you replace the batteries you are still having these issues, please do not hesitate to submit a support ticket to our team. In your ticket, please include the details of your issue as well as all troubleshooting steps you've attempted so far. One of our agents will be happy to look into this further with you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Vartexy
Honored Guest

Update:

I just factory reset, it is now stuck in the pairing screen as the controllers wont pair to the headset. It tracks the pairing screen fine for a few seconds then it starts to sway up and down whilst twisting left and right.

Hey there! We're sorry to hear you're having a hard time with your device. We know how concerning this issue must be for you, and we want to help. If you haven't done so already, please try removing the batteries in your controllers for at least 30 minutes. While the batteries are out, please turn your headset off as well.

If when you replace the batteries you are still having these issues, please do not hesitate to submit a support ticket to our team. In your ticket, please include the details of your issue as well as all troubleshooting steps you've attempted so far. One of our agents will be happy to look into this further with you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Many thanks! Can't believe I didn't think of trying this but it worked 🙂