cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 white light on, black screen

d6ta
Honored Guest

I have had my quest 2 for a couple of months and been using it with no issues, though today when I attempted to power on my headset -- which had already been plugged in for over 2 hours -- it would not power on. No oculus logo, controller vibration, sound, nothing. I saw a black screen with no sign of feedback from the headset, though the light on the outside of the headset was on. It appears to be white and solid. No matter how long I hold down the power button, the white light will not turn off, and the headset will not restart. The light did almost seem pinkish, though I am pretty sure it's just solid white. 

Is there a known fix to this other than completely factory resetting (which I would like to avoid)?

Note that I have tried holding the power button for 30 seconds, plugging it in for 2.5 hours (in which case the light still remains white, not turning a different color to show charging status), and tightening the head strap.

Thank you so much for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We're sorry to hear about this issue with your Quest 2. Thank you for letting us know the steps you have already taken. Here are a few more things you can try to get your device up and running.

• Hold the Power and Volume Down Buttons for 20+ seconds

The next step to potentially start your Quest 2 headset is to simultaneously hold down the Power and Volume Down buttons for 20+ seconds.

Doing so should launch the headset's boot menu. Use the volume up/down buttons to navigate to the “Exit and Boot Device” option, and briefly press the power button to confirm.

• Try Alternative Cable for Charging

If you are unable to get your Quest 2 charging (no charging light), there might be a problem with your power outlet, charging cable, or power adapter.

If you have a spare USB cable lying around (from your phone, tablet, etc) try charging your Quest 2 with that one. Test charging with another wall outlet in your house. Alternatively, try charging your headset from your PC instead of using a wall outlet and power adapter.

If the problem still persists, please submit a ticket with support HERE, and we can work together to fix the issue. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We're sorry to hear about this issue with your Quest 2. Thank you for letting us know the steps you have already taken. Here are a few more things you can try to get your device up and running.

• Hold the Power and Volume Down Buttons for 20+ seconds

The next step to potentially start your Quest 2 headset is to simultaneously hold down the Power and Volume Down buttons for 20+ seconds.

Doing so should launch the headset's boot menu. Use the volume up/down buttons to navigate to the “Exit and Boot Device” option, and briefly press the power button to confirm.

• Try Alternative Cable for Charging

If you are unable to get your Quest 2 charging (no charging light), there might be a problem with your power outlet, charging cable, or power adapter.

If you have a spare USB cable lying around (from your phone, tablet, etc) try charging your Quest 2 with that one. Test charging with another wall outlet in your house. Alternatively, try charging your headset from your PC instead of using a wall outlet and power adapter.

If the problem still persists, please submit a ticket with support HERE, and we can work together to fix the issue. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

d6ta
Honored Guest

I accessed the boot menu and then pressed "Boot Device" and it worked. Thank you!

I also have a similar problem my quest 2 headset is turning on also controllers are vibrating but the pointer on the display is not moving with controllers and the occulus screen turns off in few seconds. I have tried device boot but it's not working. Tried shutdown and power many times it worked once but again facing the same problem 

Hey there @shyadav894. We see you're experiencing a black screen with your Quest 2, and we appreciate you laying out all the troubleshooting steps you've attempted to try and get this resolved. We do recommend trying a factory reset as one last troubleshooting attempt for a solution. Before doing that, we ask that you make sure your cloud is on for backup. To do that, you can click here. After doing that, we ask you to click here for those factory reset steps. Please let us know if this helps solve your issues or if you need further assistance. We await your response.

Hello once more, @shyadav894. We wanted to stop by and see if you were able to get things resolved or if you needed further assistance. Please reach back out and let us know. We look forward to your response.

Yes sorry for late reply but I was able to resolve the issue. It was because my occulus sensor between the two lenses was getting covered by the shield used while wearing glasses. when I removed the shield it was able to detect controllers and working fine now. Thanks for the help!

No worries at all, @shyadav894. We appreciate you letting us know you have resolved this issue. We are happy to hear about it and hope you continue to enjoy the wonderful world of VR. Have a great day, and do not hesitate to reach back out in the future if needed.