cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest App Sharing Doesn't Share Any Apps to my Alt Account

AmeliaMath
Honored Guest

Basically, I use my usual admin account to activate App Sharing, then enter into my second account and browse to the library Shared Apps, where there are no shared apps.
I've tried disabling and re-enabling it, but it still won't let me share ANY applications with my other account.
So now I have two versions of the same game on one headset, and if I try to play a game I already own on the original account, it says the item is in Shared, despite the fact that there are no applications in Shared.

I'd want a clarification, or at the very least acknowledgement, that I'm not the only one who has this issue.
Please let me know if there is a workaround or if there is a defect that cannot be resolved till a new version comes. Thanks for reading this 🙂
(Also, Pavlov refuses to download to my alt, despite the fact that I got it from the oculus shop on my own, so if anybody knows anything about that, please let me know, since I want to shoot people with my friends. lol)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

N8MX
Expert Protege

This is an ongoing issue that has been affecting a number of us for 1-2 months. It's nothing you did wrong, Oculus broke "app sharing" for some users with their latest string of updates V29etc. Unfortunately almost all cases experiencing this problem has not found a solution. Oculus support claims they are aware and said they will fix it through updates .   They don't seem to feel it's urgent at all ! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

N8MX
Expert Protege

This is an ongoing issue that has been affecting a number of us for 1-2 months. It's nothing you did wrong, Oculus broke "app sharing" for some users with their latest string of updates V29etc. Unfortunately almost all cases experiencing this problem has not found a solution. Oculus support claims they are aware and said they will fix it through updates .   They don't seem to feel it's urgent at all ! 

Cucumel
Honored Guest

Yes, my husband and I just discovered that the apps we share have disappeared from his account which is the 2nd user.  I am the main user and we share the purchased apps Star Wars Galaxy's Edge, Supernatural, and The Exorcist.  We also downloaded the free apps Rec Room and PokerStars VR, all of which have disappeared from his account.

Haven't tried to remove the account because I have read from others that it didn't work.  Waiting to hear on this page for any updates or new info.

N8MX
Expert Protege

Yeah best to wait although we shouldn't be in this position anyway.   I have factory reset (wiped clean) multiple times, I have removed the secondary account in multiple ways and signed the secondary account back in dozens of times and no luck no matter what I try. I have given up for the time being .  Time is precious to all of us, we shouldn't have to spend hours and days trying to find a fix for something Oculus broke with their updates. I really do hope they get a handle on this soon as we have lost our excitement to play the Quest 2 for the time being ! No more Oculus content purchases for me till this is resolved ! 

AmeliaMath
Honored Guest

Thank you for the information; perhaps, this will be resolved soon...

Nikeetz
Expert Protege

There is a fix 

Reddit user 

u/Ihavesubscriptions found a fix!!!

Here is the step by step:

You need a secondary mobile device (tablet or phone)

1. Factory reset headset. This can be a second or first headset. Doesn’t matter. If it’s a second headset make sure the headset is connected to the ADMIN mobile oculus app so that you have 2 devices listed.

2. Reset experimental features and restart.

3. Set up the device for app sharing as usual. 
4. power down device
5. set up one of your mobile devices to have the secondary account on it (the oculus mobile store app) - not paired with the device but logged into their FB account associated with app sharing. 
6. go to browse all apps in the mobile App Store (not on headset). Change price to free in the drop down at the top
7.  ‘purchase’ aka hit get a bunch (some people have reported it does not work with less than 5 free apps) you know for a fact have been purchased on your main. It will queue them up for installation but not start the downloads.
8.  start up headset and log into secondary accounts and VOILA all the shared apps should show!