cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Right Controller not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
Basically I just got my quest today and I love it to death but randomly the right controller stopped working. It tracks fine but both triggers dont work, the regular a and b buttons work. I tried changing the batteries which done nothing, restarting the vr, and doing tutorial like 3 times. Something I noticed is when doing the tutorial the animations dont work for you hand on the right at all. Also I realized that the right trigger is constantly down (not physically but in game its always as if its constanyly being pressed down. PLEASE can someone help Im desperate and really want to use this vr.
87 REPLIES 87

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey firefist817, try removing the batteries for both controllers and inserting new or known good ones. If it persists, sometimes restarting the headset helps. Feel free to create a ticket here if you need further assistance. - Principe
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks but I've been trying for hours, I have concluded that I just got a faulty controller

StoneyBeatZ
Expert Protege
Welcome to the RIGHT CONTROLLER STOPPED WORKING club. 1 hour after I opened this thing out of the bix for christmas, the right controller just stopped working. It will eventually come back on, but it will eventually stop again. This is happening to LOTS of people lately. With the right controlle only. The batteries they sent, leaked battery acid inside just 1 hour into playing. We cleaned it out. Still dead. We put NEW batteries in. We left batteries out all night, we put more new ones in again today, still nothing. Then, it came on, then we played for a minute, then it died. This thing is ridiculous. Now I just spent another 70 bucks on a new controller 1 day after opening the box. Now we cant even use this 500 dollar piece of equipment without the right controller. And now were probably screwed for days. Oculus will start by telling you to take out the batteries and stuff like you dont know how to read or something. Then they will tell you to submit a support ticket or whatever, which only sends you an automated email saying they cant get to you for 2 days. So you cant do anything for at least 2 days in the meantime. Such BS. We deserve to know what's going on with these right controllers. Since oculus ruined our Christmas 

Anonymous
Not applicable
@nerveGear that's exactly what happened to me I also bought a new controller

StoneyBeatZ
Expert Protege
Yup, me too. So now it's pretty much useless until the new controller comes for us, and who knows when that will be. This is an oculus issue, I feel like they should be fixing it for us, not US shelling out 70 more dollars on top of the 500 I just spent just because theres something wrong with oculus right controllers. And they know it too because more than one person is reporting the same thing in the same controller. Yet WE the customer are the ones who are screwed tonight, since we cant play our oculus and we still spent hundreds of dollars. 

StoneyBeatZ
Expert Protege
That's the same trigger problem I'm having too, when the controller DOES decide to come back on, the trigger is acting like its constantly pressed down, so you cant use the trigger button at all, then the controller will stop working again. Then you cant do anything pretty much. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the RIGHT CONTROLLER STOPPED WORKING club. 1 hour after I opened this thing out of the bix for christmas, the right controller just stopped working. It will eventually come back on, but it will eventually stop again. This is happening to LOTS of people lately. With the right controlle only. The batteries they sent, leaked battery acid inside just 1 hour into playing. We cleaned it out. Still dead. We put NEW batteries in. We left batteries out all night, we put more new ones in again today, still nothing. Then, it came on, then we played for a minute, then it died. This thing is ridiculous. Now I just spent another 70 bucks on a new controller 1 day after opening the box. Now we cant even use this 500 dollar piece of equipment without the right controller. And now were probably screwed for days. Oculus will start by telling you to take out the batteries and stuff like you dont know how to read or something. Then they will tell you to submit a support ticket or whatever, which only sends you an automated email saying they cant get to you for 2 days. So you cant do anything for at least 2 days in the meantime. Such BS. We deserve to know what's going on with these right controllers. Since oculus ruined our Christmas 

just after reading this I went to go check my left controller that was working but It now broke as well as the right controller because of the battery leaking. I left the orginial battery in the left controller overnight because I didn't yet know that the batteries were the reason the right controller broke. I am now waiting for Oculus to get back to me with replacing the controller but will probely be a month before I get to use my Quest. I am outraged with Oculus because I payed for a high quality vr which broke within the first hour.

StoneyBeatZ
Expert Protege
I feel your pain man, let me know what the tell you. Because I just got pissed and paid for a new controller. I'm not trying to jump thru all the hoops they have for you. This is obviously a huge problem, and they're not even addressing it with us paying customers. To have these things fail in the first hour with more than 1 customer, something should be said. We should be overnighted new controllers for free.

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's funny because I also bought a new controller so I dint have to go through the long process but my other controller also broke because of the faulty batteries so now I have to refund the right controller because I'm not buying two new controllers that's way to expensive for something I already bought