cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest isn’t connecting to PC

andrew.levin.98
Explorer

Hello

i borrowed a Quest 2 from a friend of mine for a party I’m having soon. I also recently built a gaming PC and I thought I could connect the Quest to the PC, but it doesn’t seem to work. I’ve plugged it in to the PC but the Quest seems to think I’m just plugging into a power source. Anyone have any advice? 

20 REPLIES 20

ohgrant
Superstar

Assuming your PC meets the minimum requirments  Be sure to install the Oculus PC client software.  Plug into USB 3. If you have issues try all of your USB ports. Make sure you are using a cable that can handle the bandwidth or try airlink. If your friend has "Virtual Desktop" app, you can download the streamer software for free here

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The official Oculus Link cable does a really good job for this as well.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

@andrew.levin.98 wrote:

Hello

i borrowed a Quest 2 from a friend of mine for a party I’m having soon. I also recently built a gaming PC and I thought I could connect the Quest to the PC, but it doesn’t seem to work. I’ve plugged it in to the PC but the Quest seems to think I’m just plugging into a power source. Anyone have any advice? 

From what you are describing, you need a Client VR software application in order to recognize Quest 2 as an VR Headset. You can either download Steam which will come with the SteamVR client, or you can download the Oculus PC App using the link ohgrant already provided:

https://www.oculus.com/setup/

Once you install a PC VR Client, it will recognize your Quest 2.

Good luck!

I have the oculus cable, it still doesn’t work

I only have 1 USB input on the PC. I managed to link the Headset to the PC through virtual desktop but in order to play any game off the PC I still need to use a cord and I have the oculus card but for some reason it’s just not reading the headset. 

I had already downloaded both steam and the oculus app but still nothing,

It is the $80 official link cable or the included charging cable?  Not sure what you mean you have Virtual desktop working but need cord to play games.  You shouldn't, with Virtual desktop. You just need to press left hand system button to bring up both Steam and Oculus VR games that should launch in VR  

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

How do I tell the difference between the charging cord and the link cable? 

Never mind, i know for sure I’m using the link cable