cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest won't connect to PC on developer mode since last update

rmib200
Explorer
Since last update I can't connect my Quest on Developer Mode to my PC. I have to turn off developer mode so that my pc can recognize my device. When I switch on, i never recognize it. No matter how many times I try to switch on/off developer mode. I need the developer mode for work. I tried reinstalling the ADB controllers since it fixed the first time, but now it doesn't work. Any help? I use a Windows 8.
22 REPLIES 22

chenxeed
Honored Guest
I'm using Linux Ubuntu as my OS and I found the similar problem here, can't connect to PC while in developer mode. Need help.

JeeMoR
Honored Guest
Fisher007,

Words-can-not-express how grateful I am to you for your solution. Except I haven't found it yet, but I think you are the only one with the real solution to this 'hair-pulling' level annoyance of the quest. I was so close to returning the device. Thanks again man. You are a life-saver!!!

JeeMoR
Honored Guest

Fisher007 said:

Found the solution! Actually the Oculus forums have subsections, we are in the community one and this question is more something that is occurring for developers, so it worth to check the developer sections in the future. 

So the solution is:
"1. Open Device Manager
2. Find "Interface ADB" and  "Interface XRSP"
3. Click the right mouse "Interface ADB"
4. Сlick on the menu "Update Driver"
5. In the window, click "Browse my computer for driver software"
6. In new window, click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
7. Search "Oculus VR, LLC." and click
8. Choose "Oculus ADB Interface"

for the Interface XRSP to do the same BUT choose "Oculus Bootloader Interface"

now QUEST drive in Windows Explorer

then I change "Oculus ADB Interface" to "Oculus Composite ADB Interface""

It was a bit different for me, but tried similar steps and it worked eventually. Also when searching in the list, I didn't have Oculus VR, I had to choose Samsung Android Phone, then another list popped up and there was Oculus VR, LLC. So apparently if you used ADB with a different phone maker previously, it might be installed under their name.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Tokyosushi
Honored Guest

Fisher007 said:

Found the solution! Actually the Oculus forums have subsections, we are in the community one and this question is more something that is occurring for developers, so it worth to check the developer sections in the future. 

So the solution is:
"1. Open Device Manager
2. Find "Interface ADB" and  "Interface XRSP"
3. Click the right mouse "Interface ADB"
4. Сlick on the menu "Update Driver"
5. In the window, click "Browse my computer for driver software"
6. In new window, click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
7. Search "Oculus VR, LLC." and click
8. Choose "Oculus ADB Interface"

for the Interface XRSP to do the same BUT choose "Oculus Bootloader Interface"

now QUEST drive in Windows Explorer

then I change "Oculus ADB Interface" to "Oculus Composite ADB Interface""

It was a bit different for me, but tried similar steps and it worked eventually. Also when searching in the list, I didn't have Oculus VR, I had to choose Samsung Android Phone, then another list popped up and there was Oculus VR, LLC. So apparently if you used ADB with a different phone maker previously, it might be installed under their name.

Thanks! Stupid Quest wasn't connecting and I noticed the exclamation points and your advice fixed it! Thanks 

dave_antepara
Explorer
after 11 days with support i finally got link up and version 13 on pc and quest . now 3 days later i get firmware update required so i cant use link and virtual desktop wont work as quest cant connect to computer and there is no way to update just have to wait , there needs to be a better way to get updates like a update switch that actually updates . this down time is just not acceptable. why is a unit that has no problems made non functional for unknown period of time waiting for a update , leave it working until update is deployed then disable it and update so there is minimal down time. 

dane_mahar
Honored Guest
I have tried all of these "fixes" and still have the same problem as everyone else. Oculus is straight trash. Wish  I could get my money back from these turds.

spyro
Expert Protege
Same problem here. Quest isn't even detected any more.

Juupu
Honored Guest

chenxeed said:

I'm using Linux Ubuntu as my OS and I found the similar problem here, can't connect to PC while in developer mode. Need help.

Did anyone find a solution yet? I have the same problem

vr_max
Honored Guest
After I installed the Oculus drivers in Windows 10 the device manager showed the entries under "USB Devices". Nevertheless the Quest was not recognized when I connected it to the PC. Looking at the driver details it said the installed drivers were from Microsoft which confused me. The solution from Fisher007 did not work for me because the "Oculus VR, LLC." entry does not show up in the driver list. I fiddled around and was able to get a PC connection by switching the developer mode in the Oculus mobile phone app off and on again while the Quest was connected to the PC. I then started Sidequest and was able to use it. I got two notification windows in the VR environment, the second one being the proper one with the checkbox ("Always allow this connection..."). Maybe this helps someone.

Anonymous
Not applicable
after buying an oculus quest 2 I can safely say that I'm having this exact same issue.