cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quill theater not working, keep crashing

PiteurMC
Level 3

Hi,

I just wanted to watch the last "Soda island" but Quill theater does not work anymore on my quest 1.

I tried deleting/re-installing, adding the good autorizations but it doesn't work.

I click on a Quill animation, i see the 3D Quill logo with the loading bar but when the loading is over the app crash and i'm back on the quest home. If i do that a couple times i have an error message "Quill keep crashing".

Does anyone have this problem on the Quest1 ?

I have the OS version : 29.0.0.66.370

Thank you very much !!

10 REPLIES 10

jac
Level 3

Same

squooshbag
Level 2

Exact same situation here!

PiteurMC
Level 3

OK, nice to know than i'm not the only one with this problem.

I contacted them on Facebook and this is their response (they have been very reactive) : 

"We haven't encountered this problem and it works on Quest 1 as well. Usually a reinstall fixes issues but have you tried doing a hard reboot of your Quest? Try holding the power button for 10sec and turn the device back on and see if that helps."

So I tried a hard reboot but it doesn't solve the problem.
I have tried everything i could : delete/ reinstall, hard reboot, changing my guardian, switching languages, i have tried to turn on/off every options to see if anything change but nothing work.

When the app crash multiple time i have an error message who say "Quill keep crashing" with 2 options : "Informations about the app" and "Close the app". If i click on "Informations about the app" i have an infinite loading screen and nothing show up.

The model load, i see the 3D Quill logo before the crash so I think the problem realy is on the app, so the ball is in their camp.

I think we need to wait and see if a futur update fix the problem.

I am little sad to currently not be able to see the last Quills but i remenber than it's a amazing free app than i love. I hope to help them fix the problem with this detailed report of the current problem.

The exact same thing is happening for me, down to the clicking on information about the app never loading anything, I’m on the quest two though.

LewisAnne
Level 2

Same problem. Support suggested resetting back to Factory Settings, which I tried but still no luck. Will watch this space for any break throughs.

Rosto79
Level 3

Some problem here too. Just did a factory reset but still the same problem. Something is just off with Quill and OS or something... Just have to wait for a fix I think.

PiteurMC
Level 3

Quill replied to me on Messenger :
"Thank you we are working on resolving this issue."

I think they are now aware of our issue.

We just have to wait for a fix i think 👍

jac
Level 3

It is working for me now.

LewisAnne
Level 2

Working for me too. Great response time from the guys at Quill 🙂