cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random HDMI disconnects

lolpota
Explorer
So I've recently been having problems with my oculus just randomly saying the hdmi disconnected. I've never noticed anything when i have it on, i just stops tracking and kicks me out of my game. It always has this in the notifications after that happens.huw11bvdmo6q.png
9 REPLIES 9

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please contact us here: https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Javbomb
Protege
I am currently having this same issue once again unfortunately this is my second rift with exactly the same problem. It was even worse on my first launch unit, I had to immediately return it to Oculus for a replacement which did work, but now that I finally ordered touch controls, I pulled out the HMD again after about 8 months on a shelf and I was saddened to see I am having the same problems once again.

Basically for me the Oculus HMD cable socket is faulty, any time I touch the HMD, adjust it, or even move rather suddenly the socket will lose connection to the cable and it will drop the signal and kick me out of any game. Unfortunately I am now out of warranty and stuck with a brick that is extremely unreliable for anything other than sitting completely still. Have two cables here too, definitely not that.

To test if yours is doing the same, you can hold the HMD in your hands, and while watching the white status light, squeeze the HMD and see if it drops connection as a result of your touching it.

Here is a video of my issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyiHt0770f8&;

Currently waiting on Oculus to get back to me if there is anything they might be able to do for me, I remain hopefull, I am convinced the early batches were rocky, hopefully they have gotten more reliable in this way.

IMO this is a known issue/fault with the earlier units, there were many owners back in 2016 with the same problem, and this kind of thing really should be covered for a longer period of time since its clearly a design or part issue affecting the very early units.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please speak with us on the support ticket. Even if you are outside of warranty, there may be options. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Javbomb
Protege

Please speak with us on the support ticket. Even if you are outside of warranty, there may be options. Thanks.

Yep, just waiting on an update now...

A bit bummed here...

Javbomb
Protege

Javbomb said:

A bit bummed here...

Oculus have come to the table with an excellent result, I wont post it here, but I am very happy with their course of action regarding my issue.

Hopefully I will be back up and running in no time.

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
Are you putting it into a dvi connector?

Javbomb
Protege

Are you putting it into a dvi connector?

Im not the OP, but out of interest, I am. It works great.

leo1954au
Adventurer
I have problems with my one of my sensors not being detected when I first start oculus home even with my PC telling me that every thing is ok and I have to unplug the sensor then plug it back in for it to be detected, Tried switching the two sensors around but still happens so it must have something to do with the oculus software not the sensors or my PC USB ports and every now and then I get the your headset is not connected message    

Greasemonkie
Honored Guest

Javbomb said:

Javbomb said:

A bit bummed here...

Javbomb said:  
"Oculus have come to the table with an excellent result, I wont post it here, but I am very happy with their course of action regarding my issue.
Hopefully I will be back up and running in no time."

I have exactly the same problem with my out-of-warranty unit.  Oculus support offered a $250 refurbished headset instead.  I don't consider that an excellent result.  This is a WIDELY KNOWN ISSUE, and unfortunately for some it didn't rear its ugly head until warranties expired.  I am not happy at all.  This is a major design flaw / defect that should have been covered by Oculus.