cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapidly losing the will to live.

MrFraggle
Explorer
Going to give it another couple of hours then this thing is going back.
I seem to go from one problem to another and all I have done is rearranged my play space and reset the sensors. But that seems to have caused an big problems.
I am now getting "Can't reach Oculus Runtime Services" and none of the so called solutions I have found have helped. Uninstall and reinstall does not help either.

Before I pack this into its pretty box and get a refund what more can I try?
17 REPLIES 17

LZoltowski
Champion
It's hard to say as you said you tried the "so-called solutions".

Have you tried starting the runtime service manually?

Press windows/start type in CMD
Then type in this..
" OVRServiceLauncher.exe -start "

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

BBernes
Protege
There is no local fix, this is a Oculus issue an we will all get the same problem today. The only thing you can do is to set the date back to yesterday and reboot.

upqcco0vg1xc.png

LZoltowski
Champion
That's odd, works for me fine 😕 Mind you I have not rebooted since yesterday.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

beyondinfinity
Expert Protege

You will only suffer from this issue if it's later than 1 PM on March 7 2018 where you are.

LZoltowski
Champion
It's 1.35PM GMT here, just tested and works.

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
Im dreading a reboot now lol. I cant sent my date time back as it will flag Adobe, and all my licence locked software.

Be kind to one another 🙂

BBernes
Protege

What is your time zone ? mine went black 07.03 at 13:00

MrFraggle
Explorer
Sorry folks posted before I saw the other thread. Now that I have reset the time a week what next?

LZoltowski
Champion

BBernes said:

What is your time zone ? mine went black 07.03 at 13:00

GMT, also running Core 2.0 Beta on PTC

Be kind to one another 🙂