cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral not eligible

MaisterDale
Honored Guest

Hi, i got a Quest 2 recently and i wanted to get the referral code from a friend in the Netherlands, but i am in Czech republic and i get the error.

"Ineligible Country

Your country is not eligible to use Referral at this moment. Please ensure you're not on a VPN or other private network."

Is CZ not eligible for referrals ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

biscuitsngravyy
Retired Support

At the moment the referral program is limited to a select list of countries. Meta is always trying to expand that list, so maybe in the future we may see CZ and other countries included, but for now these are the eligible countries:

Japan, Spain, Switzerland, Norway, Belgium, Netherlands, France, Taiwan, Finland, New Zealand, U.S. ,Australia, Austria, Canada, Denmark, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Poland, United Kingdom, South Korea, and Sweden.

Hope this helps! 

55 BURGERS 55 FRIES 55 TACOS 55 PIES 55 COKES 100 TATER TOTS 100 PIZZAS 100 TENDERS 100 MEATBALLS 100 COFFEES 55 WINGS 55 SHAKES 55 PANCAKES 55 PASTAS 55 PEPPERS AND 155 TATERS

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Igor_Castilho
Explorer

Hi bud, same problem here. Have you found a solution?

MaisterDale
Honored Guest

Hey, no response at all and did not find any info since posting.

That's a shame. 

ill see what i can do. 

Thanks for answering 

Have a good one.

biscuitsngravyy
Retired Support

At the moment the referral program is limited to a select list of countries. Meta is always trying to expand that list, so maybe in the future we may see CZ and other countries included, but for now these are the eligible countries:

Japan, Spain, Switzerland, Norway, Belgium, Netherlands, France, Taiwan, Finland, New Zealand, U.S. ,Australia, Austria, Canada, Denmark, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Poland, United Kingdom, South Korea, and Sweden.

Hope this helps! 

55 BURGERS 55 FRIES 55 TACOS 55 PIES 55 COKES 100 TATER TOTS 100 PIZZAS 100 TENDERS 100 MEATBALLS 100 COFFEES 55 WINGS 55 SHAKES 55 PANCAKES 55 PASTAS 55 PEPPERS AND 155 TATERS

I am in Ireland right now. 

Hey there! Ireland, as @biscuitsngravyy stated, is definitely an eligible country for the referral program. If you're running into the Ineligible country error, it's worth noting the following:

• Invite links are only available for users residing in the U.S
  • For referrers and receivers who are in an eligible country, but are outside of the U.S, both of you must have each other added on Facebook, and must invite via Messenger.
  • The referrer and receiver must be in the same country to be eligible for the referral program. For example, someone from Ireland cannot send a link to someone from the U.S.

Inviting via Messenger:

1. Open the Oculus Mobile app on your phone
  2. Tap in the Jewel Icon in the top right corner
  3. Tap Send next to one of your friends under Suggested Referrals, OR tap Search Friends to choose a different friend
  • Any friends you want to refer via this method must be in your Messenger contacts

4. Your friend will receive a link to purchase Oculus Quest 2 via Messenger. Your friend will receive $30 in Oculus Store Credit when they activate their new Quest 2, and you will receive $30 in Oculus Store Credit 30 days later.

Let us know if you have any questions, or still run into issues, and we'll see what else we can do!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Ok, i already bought them but haven't opened yet. Will the referral work as well or just if i used it before buying in the first place?

It'll work as long as you activate the referral before you setup and sign into the headset. The account receiving the referral must be a new account with no other previous devices attached, and the headsets must be new, non-refurbished units. If they are your first headsets with no accounts, you should set one up so the device is added to your account. Then, send the referral to the user who will be activating the second headset, and setup the second headset afterward. We recommend checking out our support pages for referrals if you're unsure about anything.

As always, we're happy to answer any questions! Please reach out to us in a private message if you run into any issues! Just click on our name, and click Send a Message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

So if my country's not in the list, but a friend of mine in the US sends me a referral link, will I be able to use that link?

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?