cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved Issue - App Sharing Not Able to Play Simultaneously

Tyler_Beck
Explorer

I keep getting error messages that I can’t play the same game on different oculus’s at once even though I am admin in both and it’s still not letting me. It worked 2 weeks ago but has no suddenly stopped working. I’m not going to be buying the game again on that device. I hope someone can contact me and tel me how to fix this app sharing issues because right now I can’t play with my family. 

648 REPLIES 648

Yes, the issue which was causing the App Sharing check to flag things incorrectly was found and resolved. The fix came out with version 39 and it's been confirmed to be still fixed with v40. The expected behavior is as follows:

Headset A and B both have Account 1 as the owner, and app sharing is enabled under that account on headset B.

On headset B, log in with Account 2 and you should be able to play the same apps* as you are on Headset A, when logged in with Account 1, either together or separately.

You can also only share apps with one additional headset. 

*Assuming those apps support sharing.

If you're still having trouble, make sure that your setup is as described above, and check in Settings that both headsets are at least running on v39. 

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

So you are suggesting NOT to use the same admin/facebook account on both headsets?  

I want to clarify because that's what we were told to do as a failsafe.   Right now, two headsets are in the same account.

Both headsets would have the same account as the admin/owner. The second headset would have another account added to it, with app sharing turned on from the owner account.

Headset 1 - Owner is Account A. Play games using Account A.

Headset 2 - Owner is Account A. App Sharing is turned on. Play games using Account B.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

I am unsure if I have tried it in this order.  I have hope!  Thanks and I will let you know if it works.  🙂

I agree. You can download the games on multiple devices for PS4 and I believe switch & Xbox. So parents will buy one of those if it isn’t fixed. Losing $$$. 

Thank the lord, my quests literally have been sitting in a box unused because of this issue. Glad to hear its resolved and I can go back to enjoying it with my spouse

Could you expand on this for 3 headsets or more? The number of accounts that can be added to a headset is 4 (main +3), it would make sense to provide that.

My Situation/question:

My account - Main with the experiences purchased

Kid 1 account

Kid 2 account

Can 2 headsets with my 2 kid sub accounts play the same game together? I have my main account and may get a second headset for my kids to have their own progress and saves. However, if it won't let them play on their own accounts together with my account as main and owner of the games as I think is how it currently works, there is no point in buying a second headset (i.e. META lost a sale).

To be clear what I hope works (using accounts listed above):

Kid 1 headset 1

Kid 2 on headset 2

Both playing say Ocean craft building a raft together

Right now, I just tried with our Quest and Quest 2 and it would not let my account start Ocean craft on the Quest while I was in it on Quest 2. It used to let us do that, now it doesn't. I want to upgrade the quest to a quest 2 and may be creating accounts for the kids if this resolves the issues but it sounds like it will not and both kids can still not play the same game that is owned on My main account, even if I created separate accounts for them for their own progress.

Can you clear this up Ryan?

Thanks

I just updated to another version today and now my sharing is gone. It is the latest update. Is there any way to fix it short of resetting absolutely everything on the headset?

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi! I haven't seen anyone else having trouble with app sharing on the latest versions, but I'll reach out to the team to look into it. Just to make sure, I'd recommend checking the setup on both headsets to confirm that they are configured as I posted above. You shouldn't need to factory reset anything, but make sure that the "owner" account for both headsets is the same.

If you're still having trouble, it'd be good to reach out to the support team directly so an agent can check out what's going on. 

SamN712
Honored Guest

I am still having this issue on on v46 on both oculus quest 2