cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon cable (headphones/rear tracking sensors) broken

luizlago
Sightseer
Hey guys... 
Some days ago, I bought one CV1 it from a friend. But unfortunately in the transport the ribbon cable in headband it broke. I tried repair this ribbon cable but I don't had success. I tried talk with the Oculus Support...I asked if they send me another headband for make my rift 100% again but apparently, they do not want help me. I know how disassembly/assembly my rift, this is no worry for me...but they said basically "Sorry to hear that Rift was damaged"...short answer: buy another one.

Anyone can help me about this problem? How can repair? Where find something that can use for fix?

I tried amend the ribbon cable using wires but when I test continuity with multimeter any pin doesn't work.

1- Before try fix, I tested continuity between this pins and the headphone pins, it's working. 
48mhsa1foxww.jpeg

2- I received the oculus in this situation. I needed cut the ribbon cable after this hole because was torn.dfnwvq5datwe.jpeg

3- Conversation with the Oculus Support Team
sbkswdcvdm3o.pngbuffso0302zf.png

3 - Soldered pins with wires in the both sides, at the moment, all that's fine. I tested again the continuity between the blue wire sides, it's working too...but if a test between the blue wire side and headphone contact...not working 😞 (maybe why I use this wire? need another wire type?)dcxb4lagh8nv.jpeg

4 - Another picture without zoom

2e11j3g2nbow.jpeg

6ju5l5oddz1b.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

HoIIywood
Heroic Explorer
Luiz,

Put this on the Occulus forum on Reddit and also, fire off some emails to the various independent reviewers and companies who would have had a bunch of Rift units to hand which they tore apart to learn how the innards work.

Maybe one of their staff can help you assess whether it can be repaired.

DunkenKBliths
Honored Guest
Jut had the same issue... ripped ribbon cable at the joint...this started with a missing right headphone and then that stopped working...carefully prized off the side bar to find the cable broken completely...WEAK POINT !!!

Need spare parts !!!!! - I'm a developer and this is a major issue !!!
73tablw8eowm.jpg
Dunken K Bliths - Creator of Worlds
■ #Animator ■ #VRDev ■ #Unreal4 ■ #GraphicDesigner ■ #Musician ■ 

Starkadius
Protege
Did you find a solution to this problem? If only they could provide this part for out of warranty customers at least.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?