cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Audio Broken with Win10 May 2019 Release (1903) - UPDATE: FIXED 05/29

steveco99
Explorer
This has previously been reported as an issue when people had joined the Windows Insider program and got a pre-release copy of 1903, (see 'No sound on Oculus Home, Touch Basics and First Contact?' started by @uKER) but now that 1903 is in general release, the problem still remains.  Even on a fresh install of WIndows 10 1903 and the Rift software, there in NO audio in Oculus Home, or some (mostly Oculus related) apps/tutorials.  The majority of programs and games do have normal audio.

I expect this will be a much larger issue as Windows 10 1903 is pushed out and more systems are affected - please FIX !
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
OMG 😞

BLADE_13
Explorer
? Same 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep same here, updated to 1903 yesterday morning. No ambient sound in Oculus Home.
The games I have so far are fine.

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
They have only had 3 months to work on it.  This was going on with Windows 1903 way back in February with the 1903 release to Insider Preview users. Oculus Software has a Sound issue with this update.  I had to roll back to 1803 by formatting the SSD and reinstalling Windows to fix it.  It is the 1903 update and Oculus Software has sound issues with it.  Facebook has to know about this.  I am not sure if any of the Developers actually look at the forums at this point but I hope they are listening now as 1903 is being rolled out world wide now.

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
I would just like to add that I now feel I am sitting on a ticking time bomb. I am not sure when this PC will take the update. I am pretty sure I will have to agree to install 1903 when it auto downloads.  At least I hope I will have an option to decline. 

BLADE_13
Explorer
Face fears no sound, first contact, the tutorial and home have no sound I tested so far.

steveco99
Explorer

PaulRJM said:

Face fears no sound, first contact, the tutorial and home have no sound I tested so far.

Agreed - none of those work for me either.  Moss is also completely mute, and Wolves in The Walls (downloaded after updating to 1903) has some background sounds when it starts, but the main character dialog is missing.  

antitrust42
Expert Protege
mine work well , strange, win 10 64 1809

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Thanks for the heads up on 1903.  I think I may upgrade my Win10 Home to Pro just so I can delay this until they fix it.  Apparently starting with 1903 Home users will be able to do this but that's a little late to be of any help, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers