cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Audio Not Coming From Left Earpiece

TacticalBFG
Sightseer
So recently I re-installed Windows (old boot record went corrupt due to some shady thing I ran.)
I installed the Oculus app again, and everything was fine for the first hour or so. Once I updated the Oculus software, my left headphone on the Rift would randomly cut out.
It might be the copper wire breaking, but I doubt that. I handle my Rift gently, and rarely adjust the headphone.
It's incredibly annoying since it barely works, and i'm hooked on Beat Saber, so once I get out I feel like i'm deaf in my left ear.

Specs: (dunno how these would help but they're sure here.)
Windows 10, 64bit, x86 based system, build 1803
GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M (I know it's not the minimum but as long as I can pull 40+ FPS i'm fine, I rarely get dizzy.)
CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ, quad core @ 2.6GHz
8GB RAM

3 REPLIES 3

lensmandave
Superstar
Had a similar problem a few weeks back. First try swapping over the headphones. If you now get sound from the left side it will likely be a faulty left headphone. This was how it was for me. I contacted support and got a good outcome 🙂
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
I had same issue, and swapped headphones around and that sorted it for me.  
So as a 1st step I'd try that or at least tighten the retaining screw on the inside of the headband as it might just be a bit lose.
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

uKER
Adventurer
Same thing started for me yesterday.
Problem is not the headphone but probably the ribbon inside the headband.
Created a support ticket last night, but having read experiences from other people, I'm not holding my hopes up.