cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Audio drivers missing? Rift Audio shown as unknown device in Device Manager.

Reuski
Honored Guest
I was trying to do a clean install of my audio drivers and accidentally removed Rift Audio and mic devices from Device Manager, thinking they would just automatically reinstall next boot. Even after downloading the Oculus software and running the 'Repair' stuff and manually running 'oculus-driver.exe' under 'Support', I'm unable to reinstall the Rift audio. The headset seems to be working fine otherwise, just no audio. Does anyone know if I can just force update the driver through Device Manager? Can I do something else, besides reinstalling Windows?
2 REPLIES 2

flexy123
Superstar
Boot PC with Rift plugged in.
If it shows up in device manager with a yellow mark "unknown device" or similar, try to "update drivers" from within device manager --> Browse my computer --> Let me pick..., there SHOULD be an entry for these drivers.

If not, or if this doesn't work, deinstall Oculus completely, then reboot with everything plugged in, and re-install Oculus.

Edit: There hardly, EVER, is a reason for a complete Windows re-install...not because of a single driver or something.

Deimos2k20
Honored Guest
This doesn't work. I'm right into this issue, no audio coming out from the headset speakers, no drivers support, Oculus driver.exe doesn't fix anything, reinstalled three times ALL the software in the hope of making audio working again, but NOTHING. It only shows up as "Oculus Virtual Audio Device" that doesn't work. This has to be addressed by Oculus Developers directly, since the possibility to re-install individual drivers clearly is a missing feature in that software.