cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Headset not installing... need firmware update

FlareTheKingYT
Level 2
My new Rift + Touch Headset will not install (no HDMI connection).  When I open the Oculus application, I get a message that I need a firmware update.

Firmware version:  708/34a904e8da (Update required to 709/b1ae4f61ae)

When I go to Library -> Updates, there are no updates available.  Where can I download this firmware update?

All USBs are detected.  My HDMI port works.  I also tried using a Mini-Display Port to HDMI Adapter.
3 REPLIES 3

Big_Marsh
Level 3
I have the same issue and I just made a post at the same time. I posted my post on reddit and I got a few helpful solutions. I will not stop looking until this issue is eliminated. 

• make sure the laptop doesn't use the Nvidia Optimus architecture
  • some laptop HDMI ports aren't compatible with VR headsets but running a Thunderbolt 3 to HDMI/DisplayPort adapter if your laptop has a Thunderbolt 3 port would work
  • Try this link. I hope it helps you https://www.vrheads.com/oculus-rift-troubleshooting-guide

FlareTheKingYT
Level 2
I just tried the Compatibility Tool and it says my graphics card does not meet requirements.  Boo.  Thank you for your help Big_Marsh.

Big_Marsh
Level 3
Are you very below the minimum? Im all good on most everything except the graphics card which is a GTX 970M rather than a 980M. If you cant im sorry :(.