cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Constantly Crashing

chronicanuck
Honored Guest

Rift S crashing constantly. Seems worse since last update,  Lone echo is unplayable, crashes within 5 min of gameplay. Beatsaber can work longer sometimes. It hasn't crashed playing Superhot yet. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled. It seems like its the headset itself. Maybe the cord connection at the headset wearing out? How would I get that repaired?

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @chronicanuck  if you haven't already, please open a support ticket with us here as well as the log files from your system and we will be happy to assist you. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

420inPortland
Expert Protege

Been having this same issue along with controller tracking problems for months now. I have an open ticket, will keep you updated and hope you will do the same.

Ryzen 7 1800X, Auros X470 Gaming Ultra, Power Color RX 580, 4200Mhz Corsair Hynix 32g, 500g Samsung 970 EVO (OS Drive), 1TB Silicon Power Gen 4 (Game Drive), Custom Water Loop 

I just submitted a ticket myself. Not playable anymore. Did you get anywhere with this 420inPortland?

I just submitted a ticket. Hope there is an easy solution, fingers crossed.

I had increasingly frequent crashes on my Rift S for months before eventually biting the bullet and buying a new cable. It hasn't crashed once since I fitted it.

Mind you, I'd lost count of the number of times I'd stood on the cable and nearly yanked off the headset. Also ran over it once with the caster of my computer chair, on which it crashed immediately (though seemed OK after a reboot).

It's a pity there's no way of testing the cable without forking out for a new one and trying it.

Of course the cables are unavailable and on back order. Somebody dropped the ball...