cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift-S Controllers Lag in Grip Release

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

When I close my grip on my Rift-S touch controller (last 3 fingers) and hold it for a second or two, then release, there is quite a bit of lag before they open again.  The right controller seems worse than the left.  My old Rift cv1 did not have any lag.  The problem is when you are in a game and try to grip something, then throw it, the lag causes it to either stick to your hand or weakly go offline.  Hopefully this is just another tracking issue that will soon be fixed with an update.  Tracking lag and screen flashing are my only complaints with my Rift-S so far.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers
225 REPLIES 225

Bubbafet7
Explorer
Swapped mine out at Micro Center and having the same issues. I got in contact with oculus support and sent them a reddit link with a bunch of other people having the same issues. She said they’re going to look more into it and someone will get back with me ASAP. I’ll update when they do.... it’s been 4 days.  

Zombycow
Honored Guest
This just started happening to me today. Removing battery covers does nothing to fix the grip release lag. Should I wait and hope they have a fix for this? Or should I just return my Rift S before the return window passes?

Sandcracka
Adventurer
I'm pretty sure they are aware of it and are working on a fix.  How soon the fix is released I couldn't tell you.

TurtleTales
Explorer
This issue suddenly seems to be fixed for me after repairing the Oculus software for the nth time for an unrelated issue.

I booted up my Rift specifically to record a video of the issue to send to Oculus support, and now I can't get it to happen even once after several minutes of play.

Anyone else?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

This issue suddenly seems to be fixed for me after repairing the Oculus software for the nth time for an unrelated issue.

I booted up my Rift specifically to record a video of the issue to send to Oculus support, and now I can't get it to happen even once after several minutes of play.

Anyone else?

Maybe see how long that lasts, lol!  I bet by tomorrow yours will start to lag again.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

TurtleTales
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

Anyone else?

Maybe see how long that lasts, lol!  I bet by tomorrow yours will start to lag again.

We'll see, but this at least shows that there might be a software fix rather than having to replace hardware.

Bubbafet7
Explorer
So I switched from my blue USB Gen 1 port to a red USB gen 2 port, and it looks like it fixed it. No more lag at all. I don’t understand the relation between that and removing magnets also working, but I’ll take it. 

Bubbafet7
Explorer
Well, never mind. Got on tonight and had the lag again. Reset and it went away. Must be software related, either way I’m thinking I’m going to return this thing. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Well, never mind. Got on tonight and had the lag again. Reset and it went away. Must be software related, either way I’m thinking I’m going to return this thing. 

As Kojack mentioned on the previous page of this thread, it's probably something that needs to be calibrated with a firmware update in the near future.  In the meantime try removing your controller battery covers.  This seems to help for most.

ErroneousKill
Explorer
Taking my battery covers off does nothing