cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Controllers

Fury-Destroyer
Honored Guest

I've had my Rift S for only 10 Months and its already breaking down even though i took the best of care with it, my cable i hook to my PC is causing issues where all audio suddenly cuts out and i have to re-plug it back in for it to work then other times while speaking through the mic installed in it it cause's my voice to go staticky and it doesn't fix itself unless i stay quiet for over a minute, and lets not even start with the controllers, the housing for the controllers started cracking after the first 3 months but only little cracks that have grown bigger and just 2 days ago decided they were gonna go straight through the controller and now my right controller housing is in two, the thumbsticks are drifting to the point where im starting to lose it and after getting the thumbsticks cleaned they became worse and i cant do anything without having a page go from top to bottem in half a second, idk what to do anymore and i'm not in the shape to get a new headset

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You should start with a support ticket in the normal way via here . If the unit is under warranty and hasn't been abused (this may be harder to prove), Oculus are required to replace or repair it. They don't have the option of not doing so, legally. They may not still be selling items but a warranty is a legal thing.

Expect to have to fight for it though.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Was it new shen you got it? If it's only 10 months old, surely it's still under warranty.

it is apparently but i tried looking round the oculus website and couldnt find anywhere that i would even start to go about getting the new stuff under warranty, plus they've stopped making rift s stuff and i wouldnt be surprised if they had non left, if you can find me the page where i would start doin all this that'd be bloody spectacular

You should start with a support ticket in the normal way via here . If the unit is under warranty and hasn't been abused (this may be harder to prove), Oculus are required to replace or repair it. They don't have the option of not doing so, legally. They may not still be selling items but a warranty is a legal thing.

Expect to have to fight for it though.

Jollylol
Honored Guest

did you plug the rift S cable directly to the gpu?