cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S - Display Port not plugged in and can't track head movement

luke_harvey_54
Level 2
Hi,

I've been using my Rift S for a couple of days now to play DiRT Rally 2.0 and I've been having no issues what so ever.

However I have now started encountering a problem. When I launch the game, instead of the menu screens remaining solid, they now track my head movement for 5 to 10 seconds, before it goes black or freezes. When I close the game, and go to the Oculus App, it says that my headset display port isn't plugged in, and that something went wrong with the headset and it can't track my movement. The controllers also turn themselves off and can't be reconnected unless I unplug and plug back in the headset.

Before this issue started I hadn't touched either the display port cable or the USB 3.0 connection, they remained in the same slots I chose when I first set up the headset.

I have since unplugged the display port from the head set and the PC and reinserted them, and the same for the USB3 slot, but no joy.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated before I try contacting Oculus. Thanks.
0 REPLIES 0