cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Firmware 1.8.0 Best tracking so far for me static still occurs randomly

Anonymous
Not applicable
today i got the 1.8.0 update from oculus. 
when it was finished my head set was dark this is normal for me as i have two monitors and the headset.
i can reboot and it works until i close the oculus app or i can disconnect the 2nd monitor and it works fine all day long with out a reboot.
i opt for the reboot.
after reboot it worked fine started my app and played box vr for 40 min. missed one punch out of 3 sessions 10 to 15 min long. 2 of them had 0 misses and no tracking issues at all the first time in a long time. i almost thought the static issue was gone as well but at the end it was back but still no tracking issues and no vanishing gloves because a controller dropped out for a split sec.  
5 REPLIES 5

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Sounds very good mate.

Was this an official patch or did you have to opt into beta?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Anonymous
Not applicable
official i stoped using beta's due to to many issues that even i would deal with, yup i re-checked not using beta so it was an official update. i still plan to get an index come tax return time. unless they fix the static issue. but this was the first time i enjoyed playing box vr since i upgraded to the S from the cv1. man it is hard typing while a pineapple Conure nibble at your neck ie he keeps biting me if i didn't love this little guy i would let my cat play with him hes being bad today

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
lol What does the pineapple represent? I'm confused haha

As for the patch, I'll give it a shot tonight, thanks, not played in 4-5 days so need to get back on it this weekend.

We've had a heat wave in the UK this week and it's the hottest recorded day in history of the UK. was about 34° where I live.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Anonymous
Not applicable
my parrot pineapple is the coloring, found him stuck in a water bottle on my back porch that i use for soaking wood chips. he escaped from someone else he's totally tame except when he gets all nibbley witch is not to often,,,,added my work profile pic thats him on my shoulder.,

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Oh I see, that's awesome that you saved him. 

I used to have a Cockatiel but he died after 8 years. He was brilliant and used to sit on my shoulder too. I love all birds!  😉