cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Headset Sensor Check (Sensor can't track headset)

Nooblet1255
Honored Guest

My Rift S headset will not track. None of my 3.0 or 3.1 USB ports work for my headset. I reinstalled drivers uninstalled reinstalled the oculus program. I can't get my headset after spending a few hours on try to troubleshoot. There shouldn't be hardware compatibility with my computer it is way above recommended and all parts are compatible. I have not used my Rift S on this computer but my old computer ran it for about 2 years. I was hoping someone that knows about Oculus software/hardware can help me.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Nooblet1255! We definitely want for you to be able to use your Rift S, and we are happy to help.

We have a few go-to troubleshooting steps for this sensor error:

• Reseat USB cable from the PC
  • Reseat cable from the headset
  • Reboot the PC
  • Open device manager
    • Go to Universal serial bus controllers\
    • Uninstall/remove the Rift S sensor items listed.
    • Once removed; click scan for hardware changes at the top of device manager and wait a few minutes for the items removed to come back.

If you're still having trouble after trying that, we'd suggest you submit a support ticket here. Please include a copy of your Oculus logs as well as a list of the troubleshooting steps you've already tried (so you don't have to repeat them).

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?