cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Sound Device Issue

oOZeitgeistOo
Honored Guest
Everytime when i play my Sound Device (Rift S) disconnects (I get a quick Freeze and then i cant hear nothing). I have to deactivate and active all Sound Devices and then it works, but when im Ingame after  a couple of minutes it happenns again. I know there is a Problem with Windows 1909 Build ...

... BUT, what can i do to fix this annoying Issue ? On my Support Ticket i get no Answer.
I have tried everything (all recommended Things on the  Support Page).

Make it sense to downgrade to an older Windows Build ? I`m sure im not alone with this Problem. Any Fixes ? Would be nice if someone can help me where had this same  Issue.
6 REPLIES 6

AnolCorzair
Honored Guest
Hello, I have the same issue. So this is software problem.. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

How long you ingame untill that happens? For me it is kind of 30-40 minutes

oOZeitgeistOo
Honored Guest
Maybe 10 minutes? I have bought now an Inatek PCI Card to get the USB Power direct from the PSU. Maybe this helps.

AnolCorzair
Honored Guest
Reply pls in this topic if it helps then

oOZeitgeistOo
Honored Guest
My Sound Issues are gone after installing the Card. Give it a try too if you want
I cant post Links because i have to be hanging around longer here, but this is the Card
Inateck PCIe USB 3.0 card 4 ports with 2 SATA power cables, KTU3FR-4P

AnolCorzair
Honored Guest
So it looks like power consumption issue. 

Also for me it was kind of fixed for 5 days or so. I played a lot of sessions more than 2 hours each and everything was fine till yesterday. For some reason it's back. Well, if I don't find any software solve I'll probably take your advice. Thanks for answer.

HardGlock
Explorer
I found that with sound cutting out it was a 'running out of RAM' issue.  I doubled my RAM and that issue disappeared.  The mic, well, that's a whole different question....
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?