cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Ticket

ar.shuss.9
Explorer

I submitted a trouble ticket on 8/9 and it has yet to be acknowledged.

Also I've had a Rift S since 2/21 and my device does not show up in my account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ar.shuss.9
Explorer

Received my refurbished headset and cable replacement and it worked right OOB. Anyone having this issue under warranty should immediately request replacement. Those out of warranty I wish you luck, maybe someone in your subset of Rift S owners could create a Facebook group and get an idea of how many people have this issue in order to try and put some pressure on Oculus, that would be both appropriate and ironic.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ar.shuss.9
Explorer

Update: Issue is 3 dots of death, worked fine one day then not w/o any updates installed Oculus or Windows.

Chatted with support 8/13 and was told no ticket had been submitted which is funny because the ticket submission page acknowledged I had submitted it. Anyway, they created ticket #3175563 and ran me through all of their posted troubleshooting which I, of course, had already done a half dozen times. Did a full uninstall/install per their instructions and no difference. Will update post after getting back to support.

ar.shuss.9
Explorer

Update...

After a very brief runaround about using a USB extender (they were talking about my SATA powered USB 3.0 PCI-e card) and updating my Intel chipset (it is) they agreed to RMA my headset and cable. Just sent it back today - 8/20

As I pointed out in a reply to a different post I believe using live chat was instrumental in a relatively action on their part. I would encourage using that support route, I had 2 sessions and both times I was connected to someone almost immediately.

ar.shuss.9
Explorer

Received my refurbished headset and cable replacement and it worked right OOB. Anyone having this issue under warranty should immediately request replacement. Those out of warranty I wish you luck, maybe someone in your subset of Rift S owners could create a Facebook group and get an idea of how many people have this issue in order to try and put some pressure on Oculus, that would be both appropriate and ironic.