cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Rift S Touch] 3/16/2021 - Black Screen Out Of Box

SlusheeWolf2
Honored Guest

So, I literally just bought a Rift S yesterday, since my PC isn't that powerful, so I know I can't run a Quest 2.

The Rift S has the dreaded Black Screen and No DisplayPort issue, even after I plugged in the DP to my integrated GPU after plugging in the USB 3.0 and waiting until the light turns white on the headset.

These articles, I have tried literally everything from all of these articles, even multiple times:

[6 Advanced Fixes] Oculus Rift S Black Screen |2020| (techbide.com)

How to fix Oculus Rift S black screen problems - TECHTELEGRAPH

https://www.techtelegraph.co.uk/how-to-fix-oculus-rift-s-black-screen-problems/

FINALLY FIXED MY RIFT S! (Black Screen Issue) : oculus (reddit.com)

Black screen and i tried everything [Rift S] : oculus (reddit.com)

Rift S - Headset Black screen on Setup "Continue w... - Page 2 - Oculus Community - 715932 (oculusvr...

The only thing I can think of is the GPU needs upgrading, but in other articles, people have reported that the 770 GTX works with the Rift S, on low settings. I bought the headset because of that.

I am unable to return the headset for any reason, because the store has a no refund policy on VR Headsets because of Covid-19.

Specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 20H2 19042.868

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (Overclocked to 4.0Ghz)

16GB DDR4-2132 Dual-Channel Corsair Vengeance RAM (Overclocked to 2300Mhz)

ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

3726GB Western Digital WDC WD40EZRZ-00GXCB0
3726GB Western Digital WDC WD40EZRZ-00GXCB0

238GB Inland PCIe nMVE SSD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SlusheeWolf2
Honored Guest

I bought a GTX 980 and my issue was solved. The GeForce GTX 770 is not powerful enough to display image into the headset.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SlusheeWolf2
Honored Guest

I bought a GTX 980 and my issue was solved. The GeForce GTX 770 is not powerful enough to display image into the headset.