cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Touch controller replacement

Diop360
Sightseer
I am new to Oculus Forums. I have been waiting for 3 weeks to get my right Touch controller replaced. I rarely hear from Oculus, and whenever I do, it is more or less a "please give us time" email. I was originally told 3-5 days, and I would be set with a replacement touch controller. I am coming up on 20 days without any status update. Has anyone else here had this major issue with a lack of communication? 
6 REPLIES 6

NeXT_Level_2k
Honored Guest
Was just wondering if you received an update on this?  Been trying to buy a replacement touch controller from the oculus site and it's out of stock.  Debating on waiting for oculus to get it back in stock, or just give up and scoop an Index instead (replacement parts more readily available)

audzilla
Honored Guest
Also curious if you've had any luck with this! Support won't replace my controller and they're STILL out of stock on the website. Hard to develop without a working unit, I'm getting frustrated! 

NeXT_Level_2k
Honored Guest

audzilla said:

Also curious if you've had any luck with this! Support won't replace my controller and they're STILL out of stock on the website. Hard to develop without a working unit, I'm getting frustrated! 

I was able to place an order during their last brief stock refill, but they ended up sending me (and others) the wrong controller (RH instead of LH).  I returned it, refunded the purchase and went and found a spare LH controller through local ads.

If your experience is anything like mine, you're in for a frustrating couple months :neutral:

I've gone ahead and ordered an Index moving forward with our VR development.  With the recent announcements requiring FB accounts it's definitely time to make the switch IMHO.

drunkntheory
Honored Guest
Completely unacceptable customer support for a product costing more then 400 dollars . I have been trying to get new controllers for 4 months now. I have been waiting on the new quest to drop but I think after this ill be buying a different brand. 
To be honest I already felt riped off buying the "high end rift s" then having them put out finger tracking for the quest while we got left behind. 

FlyinLimey
Honored Guest
This is a joke.. they have stock.. you can buy a full setup at many retailers.  But supporting people who have damaged one controller? NO.. you can all just wait indefinitely and not be given any sort of expectations for when they will have stock again.  I am trying to find anyone local or online with stock.. no.. just full sets.  So.. basically I have to buy an entire new $400 set so I can replace my broken left touch controller!  WOW - what GREAT product support.  this is a disaster reading peoples wait times.  

jablesorion
Honored Guest
Went from "out of stock" to "not available". Facebook is an absolute dogshit company, and I hope that douchebag Zuckerberg watches this piece of garbage plummet. Customer support has no answers and gives you the standard, pre-loaded responses that they aren't given the info on when things will be back in stock. Been waiting for a replacement right hand controller for over 2 months now.

It's time to move on from Oculus. Facebook ruined it, just like they ruin everything else. Rather than sell this to someone else, I'd feel more satisfied lighting it on fire and pissing out the flames once it's nice and melted.