cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S USB driver update recommended warning

philrlee
Explorer
My Rift S has been working well all week. Today it has started showing an orange indicator in the Devices section. In there it displays the warning:

USB driver update recommended

When I go into the headset it has a warning triangle next to USB. When I hover over the ? it shows the following tooltip:

Your headset is plugged in correctly. If you encounter tracking issues, updating your driver (Intel) may improve performance.

I have made now changes to the PC so don't understand why this message is suddenly being displayed. All my USB drivers are up to date so I'm at a loss on how to fix it. I am currently opted into the PTC and have 1.38.0.256587 installed.
86 REPLIES 86

RodDawg117
Explorer
In my case it seems that a recent oculus update resolved the issue of recommending a USB driver update even though non were available.

DanielGagne
Honored Guest
Hello everyone,

Oculus released a new PTC version that fixes this warning.

I just installed version  1.40.0.278432  and the warning is gone even after a reboot of my PC.

Enjoy VR,

oldbikergit
Explorer

philrlee said:

My Rift S has been working well all week. Today it has started showing an orange indicator in the Devices section. In there it displays the warning:

USB driver update recommended

When I go into the headset it has a warning triangle next to USB. When I hover over the ? it shows the following tooltip:

Your headset is plugged in correctly. If you encounter tracking issues, updating your driver (Intel) may improve performance.

I have made now changes to the PC so don't understand why this message is suddenly being displayed. All my USB drivers are up to date so I'm at a loss on how to fix it. I am currently opted into the PTC and have 1.38.0.256587 installed.

Just enrolled on that public beta thing and the problem has gone. Funny how I didn’t update the drivers like it asked lol

Yes it worked for me, Public Test Channel and USB warning gone.

andyb66
Honored Guest
USB warning is gone too on my side, but the warning when not using the rift s speaker is a bit annoying, as i'm using my external sound system. Sometimes i get a Display port Connection error and i have to reboot my rig, don't know why this happens, gpu is a GTX1080Ti

philrlee
Explorer
The 1.40 update has resolved this for me too.

andyb66
Honored Guest
Don't know if it is related to the PTC, but i have a problem when using the Rift S, then taking the headset off and when putting it back on, the displays inside the HMD do not turn on again, it does not happen everytime, but at least one time a day. Then i Need to Restart Oculus home to get it working again...very annoying.

oxonico
Honored Guest

clemenca said:

Same bug today morning:

Rift S USB driver update recommended

Restarted Rift under settings/beta/Oculus restart, then message is gone again
Very strange, Oculus can you fix this, and btw can you fix the flickering bug too!

Did works for me thanks !