cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Won't stop loading and also display port just broken or really inconsistent

Caterang
Level 2

so I think my display port cable is just old so its very inconsistent and takes a while to get working and active, but the main problem I have is that once I get it to work, its just sitting on the loading screen with the three dots and the background music. its not a problem with the drivers because I update them and then it happens right away again, and its happening ever single day no matter what. when it finally works its super random and then its as if nothing happened, but it takes 1-2 hours just to get working every single day, someone help.

1 REPLY 1

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey Caterang, we see that you're getting an infinite loading screen with three dots. We definitely understand how frustrating it can be when the device takes that long to load.

Go ahead and try uninstalling the Rift S USB hubs and allowing them to reinstall. Use the following steps:

Uninstall the Rift S hubs:

1. Open the Oculus app and plug in the USB cable. Not the DisplayPort.

2. Open Device Manager

3. Go to Universal Serial Bus Controllers

4. Uninstall/remove the Rift S items listed.

5. Once removed: click scan for hardware changes at the top of device manager and wait a few minutes for the items removed to come back - or about 2 minutes.

6. Unplug and re-plug the USB.

7. Wait for the app to detect the USB connection, then plug in the DisplayPort.

If you have attempted these steps and are still having issues, please contact us by submitting a support ticket!

We hope this helps!