cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S can't track headset

cody.connell.75
Explorer

The day before I had thee issue occur I was playing beatsaber and had no mishaps and continued on as usual. However the next day I was trying to get threw the setup process fro the device but could not make it past the sensor check (the only thing I did previously to this was turn on my pc and plug in my headset once in the occulus app) .  So then I proceeded to try everything.

VrHeadset: Rift S

Motherboard: AMD AM4 X570 ATX gaming motherboard with PCIe 4.0 USB 3.2 Gen 2

GPU: Msi Rtx 2070 super

1. Tried every usb 3.0/3.1/3.2 on my pc, made sure drivers were up to date (nvidia, windows, and motherboard drivers/bios)

2. I Tried changing power options, usb power options and camera options

3. I tried manually updating the usb driver to something else, didn't work either (actually caused more issues)

4. I even went as far to try and downgrade the version of the software but that didn't work either (basically the same issue happened but then it said the usb 3.0 could not be found).

5. The last thing I tried before giving up was using my brothers pc (which is just as good as mine) but the same issue occurred.

I seriously have no idea what happened or why this is going on but the headset was barely used, it sat on the bench for months, and just as I start enjoying it again (bc im not busy) it goes ahead and breaks.

Now I'm left with no headset and honestly im rly bumhurt about it, might buy a index when I can...

image7.jpegimage6.jpegimage5.jpegimage4.jpegimage2.jpeg

1 REPLY 1

cody.connell.75
Explorer

sry if grammar is bad, or if its all over the place