cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S just orange light and three red dots after update today

AxelSpot
Explorer

My oculus auto updated to the newest version today and now I get the orange light and three dots. I’ve tried reinstalling the software and tried multiple 3.0 and 3.1 USB ports. 

How can I roll back the software to before this update so I can actually use this. It worked absolutely fine before

21 REPLIES 21

AxelSpot
Explorer

I have submitted a ticket now as well

Keno51
Protege

Ditto. I have tried 3 separate NEW pci-e 3.0 usb cards, uninstalled oculus software, regedit, rolled back amd graphic's drivers, I think my headset is toast. I submitted a ticket also. I cannot see this as a usb power issue because the darned Oculus worked until the last software update.

robert.lui
Explorer

Same here, 3 dots/orange light. Was working perfectly before this last update. Tried v27 beta, same problem.

x58 mb w/xeon 5675

jason.john.hay
Honored Guest

I have the same problem....was just reinstalling the software and absent-mindedly rolling through the forum when I came across this. Is there a fix for it yet?

Mine doesn't work either. I have tried every single trick in the book and got a copypasta of troubleshooting even with the log files attached to the first mail to support. Last used perfectly in january and had been in it's box since last use. Now I plug it again and no display. I even done a factory reset of my PC and it's not working, I am betting on a software issue at this point.

Bukkenn
Honored Guest

Getting exactly the same since the start of the week, glad I'm not the only one.

Was working fine all last week and before.

Also getting an issue where my touch controllers will say paired successfully but then not show in the devices list.

Keno51
Protege

It's the firmware update that broke it. 2.2.0 From support it's the GPU card I have isn't supported now? RX590 8GB I have and it's newer then some of the cards they have listed as supported! 2.1.1 worked flawlessly for me. I have done the rollback to version 21.1 and ta da! But not without major app issues. No longer work with my Steam games, my apps in Oculus just say loading. Only game that works correctly in VR is iRacing.

kyestar24
Honored Guest

Get a refund Oculus devices are garbage and they'll never give you support.