cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S "Something went wrong and your device can't track the movement of your headset"

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Getting the message "Something went wrong and your device can't track the movement  of your headset" in the notification every time the tracking locks up on the Rift S.
Anyone experiencing the same message?
24 REPLIES 24

Kadajin
Honored Guest

Sinsinful said:

Getting the message "Something went wrong and your device can't track the movement  of your headset" in the notification every time the tracking locks up on the Rift S.
Anyone experiencing the same message?

Rift S user here.
Out of nowhere I started getting this message too. I noticed that it didn't do it when using SteamVR. Later I realized that it had something to do with the xbox controller I also had connected. Either the steamVR xbox controller settings or the usb dongle the controller uses cause the RiftS to freak out. I removed the dongle and disable steam controller profile and the problem went away.

I'm to lazy to test what caused it but i'm suspecting the usb dongle was the culprit. So mind what other devices you have connected!

Maybe this helps someone!

Steam vr doesnt work for me it crashes my whole vr when i launch games through oculus it works perfectly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey folks!

So before the problem started in my case I got a razer keyboard and downloaded Razer Central.

Once I load a vr game, My rift says

"Something went wrong and your device can't track the movement of your headset"

*FIX*: So what fixed mine was I disabled Auto-Boost in Razer central, Once I disabled that mine started working again.

Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.16 - 12.41.59.21.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you got Razer Cental on your pc?

was getting all kinds of errors with the rift s, this  (turning off razer central auto-boost) was the fix, thnx