cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Touch Controllers not working any longer

ElvisPresley
Explorer
I was wondering if anyone else in the group experienced the issue I am having- I hadn't used my Rift (launch model not the S) in a few months- when I turned it on recently the controllers didn't work, I assumed it was the batteries, changed the batteries and still didn't work, nor were they being see in the devices menu on the screen. I unpaired them, and am now trying to pair them again, the light illuminates on the controller during the pairing screen, but the setup screen never finds the controller- just keeps searching- any help would be appreciated..thanks ANDY 
2 REPLIES 2

lm7nyne
Honored Guest
By chance did you try uninstalling the software and reinstalling it?

kojack
MVP
MVP
I have seen a couple of reports of this (I think this is the third I remember), people not using Touch for a long time are finding they aren't working even with battery swaps. No idea what is causing it.

Before reinstalling the software, give this a try:
Open task manager, go to the services tab, and shut down OVRService.
Delete the C:\Users\kojack\AppData\Local\Oculus\DeviceCache.json file (replace kojack with your user name).
Restart the OVRService in task manager.

Devicecache.json stores details of all devices (headsets, controllers, sensors, etc). If you delete it, you'll need to do the full rift device setup again (add headset, pair controllers, guardian, etc).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2